• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hiring process
    1. take the written test
    2. fill out backround packet turn into assigned backround investigator
    3. polygraph
    4. you are live scanned they check you for criminal record (call all your previous employers, check your DMV, ask for you to bring a credit report, and call all your references)
    5. basic medical (drug test, check vision, check hearing, and do a general evoluation of you)
    6. written phsyc test
    7. oral phsyc test (meet with shrink)
    8. Call you give you a start date and send you a letter telling you were to report too.
    9. start academy
    10. Graduate academy (hopefully)
    11. Assign you to your unit.

Comment

• Wow. I didn't think it was a full process like that. Pretty close to LASD. Are they transferring completed backgrounds and passed polys if you were a previous LASD applicant?

Comment

• i know you gotta retest but idk if you gotta take the poly and phsyc over if you have already did do with the DST process thats a good questions to ask pre employment all you gotta do is call them up and im sure they would know or ask your DST backround investigator

Comment

• Ok Thanks. I'll wait to hear back from the App. I sent in Mon. I might call my BI too.

Comment

• Thank you for all the info rceler.. I am about to take my medical next week and I just had one quick question. Do they check body fat?? I know that when I took my LAPD Medical they did but Im not sure about SO.

Comment

• no they dont check body fat just vision, hearing, and doctor looks at you and ask you couple questions thats all and a drug urine test.

Comment

• How long from initial app to written test?

http://www.lasd.org/recruitment/security-officer.html

Comment

• idk about now but back when i applied it took like a month to get a written test, but that was back in 09 when i took the test. These days there probely moving faster with backrounds because there hiring so many officers

Comment

• I need a job! I sent in my app last week. Sounds a lot like what the CSO' s and Cadets do at my last job. Pays the same. Do they take non-sworn laterals at their old pay and seniority? Do they have non-sworn supervisors or administrators, or watch commanders?

Comment

• Originally posted by SGPSO View Post
                      I sent in my app last week.
                      I sent in my app as well last week. I was wondering if there is any way to check that they received it. I sent it USPS.

Comment

• they take anyone who meets the requirements and there pretty basic you can read them on the job bulliton on lasd web site. If you wanna see if they received it you can call them and ask call lasd headquaters

Comment

• I sent mine in on Monday April 26th via USPS. I got an email yesterday, Monday May 03 saying that they couldn't transfer my LASD stuff over because it was over a year ago, but my app. was accepted and my test date would come in the mail. So... I would say about a week or two until they get yours. I'll post up when I get the letter.

Comment

• Is anyone going to start the May 6th class? I got accepted into that one. I was a DST transfer as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmjsport View Post
                              Is anyone going to start the May 6th class? I got accepted into that one. I was a DST transfer as well.
                              I'm starting May 6th also.

Comment

• Cool. See ya there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12451 users online. 301 members and 12150 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X