Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We did a practice test today you have to score 350 to qualify i score 452 so i did fine, you shoot at different distances each bullet worth ten points you shoot 50 bullets three full magz with 5 extra bullets in your pocket. Its not to hard if you miss in the white area they -10 point tho so thats what can hurt you when your shooting. From what im understanding you need to sign some form to take your weapon home it depends on your unit of assignment and the way they do stuff some people say you lock your weapon up somewhere at your post at the end of the day just depends where you work to get a CCW you have to be either a peace officer or have to justify to California why you need one i guess but i hear its pretty much impossible to get unless your a peace officer which SOs are just 832 PC your not a fulltime peace officer only sworn deputies are and police officers

Comment

• Nice job rceler youre going to pass for sure. Yeah i heard the same thing that you lock your sidearm up at your post, i just think its hard to go to the range to practice with out it. I suppose you just have to buy your own.
      do you have any other tests to pass?
      Last edited by EGOFF; 03-24-2010, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• You can practice with ur county issued gun you jus sign it out to go to the range and quailfy you have to quailfy with ur dept weapon throughout ur career

Comment

• Alright i understand a little better now. I talked to the civilian background lady today about my letter and she said shes sending it off today, im not sure why its so late but any how she told me to report to the room at STARS Center at 8 am on 1 April 2010.

Comment

• U guys are goin be class 18 the DIs are pretty cool theyl act hard wit u the first couple days and then theyl lay off you'll probely see us graduate we graduate that day

Comment

• Thats really cool. Hopefully i will see you there. Class 18 huh? Cant wait. Are there any suggestions for getting ready for the academy?

Comment

• Will good luck best thing you can do if you wanna be ahead of the game study your ten codes and penal codes like 211 or 415 pc that stuff you need to know go on a jog the farest we have jogged is 3 miles so if you can do 1 or 2 you'll be fine that's mostly wat you can do pre academy also you can learn the amendments 4th 5th 6th 8th and 14th are important to know you can look that up online learn the LASD core values memorize them because you'll need to know that you can find them on LASD.com also if you don't know already you need to know the pledge of allegence you can find that online also

Comment

• Thanks rceler i have a code book from a ride along so i will study up on that stuff. Im sure you passed the range test today so CONGRATS are in order!!! Maybe we will see you 1 April when you graduate. Apparently i have to report to F 104 at STARS at 8. Does that sound familiar? Congrats again youre almost there.

Comment

• Quick update. I went to the mail box today and....the letter finally came. It details what the first two days are going to be like you said rceler. God forgive my impatients but its finally here.

Comment

• Yeah congrads ur almost going start already I passed the range it wus a lot of fun your going enjoy it all its all god traning you get even as a SO

Comment

• Great man i knew you would pass. Anymore tests to do? It sounds like a lot of fun and more training then i thought.

Comment

• That i know of nope, just more practice with different stuff, the main tests are complete its almost time for us to check out in your turn to check in at STARS

Comment

• Nice job im sure you guys are glad, that badge is going to be cool to wear. Any word on your post?
                            Cant wait to check in and begin training.
                            Last edited by EGOFF; 03-25-2010, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• do you guys get a wish list for posts assignments..?? have you heard if there is a particular place of "need" anywhere..??

Comment

• We were told today we might be going to county hospitals theres about 32 of us so theyll probely send us to different county hospitals throughout the county. SOs are able to go to county parks colleges county buildings courts they have some at county jails , so theres different places you can put on your wish list but in the end the county will send you where they want and more than likely were being told its going be county hospitals for our class.. Me personaly i kinda was hoping for county parks but its really out of my hands

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14842 users online. 451 members and 14391 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X