300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question

How many hours of training are required to be a certified law enforcement officer in California.

Thanks
    Striving to create a world in which I am no longer needed. 1*

Last edited by SBSO_DISPATCHER; 12-05-2009, 06:46 AM.
    Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

there is a minimum for the post certicicate. check the post website
      If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

http://www.post.ca.gov/Training/bt_bureau/regular.asp

Comment

Minimum requirement is if I remember correctly......664 hrs. Most academies are considerably more.
          Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Yup. If you're going through Extended Modular, it's longer.

From POST:
            The Modular Format of the Regular Basic Course is designed as a reserve training program and is delivered in a three-part instructional sequence that coincides with the three California reserve peace officer levels. The minimum requirement is 730 hours, allowing necessary redundancy of instruction in critical skill areas due to the three-part sequence that can be taken over an extended period of time.

Redundancy doesn't even begin to cover it.

Comment

Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
              Yup. If you're going through Extended Modular, it's longer.

From POST:
              The Modular Format of the Regular Basic Course is designed as a reserve training program and is delivered in a three-part instructional sequence that coincides with the three California reserve peace officer levels. The minimum requirement is 730 hours, allowing necessary redundancy of instruction in critical skill areas due to the three-part sequence that can be taken over an extended period of time.

Redundancy doesn't even begin to cover it.
              +1,000 Redundancy indeed.

Comment

Thanks, I always knew Californians were strange but damn yall got like 15 different classifications of certs!
                Striving to create a world in which I am no longer needed. 1*

Comment

Originally posted by IAO View Post
                  Thanks, I always knew Californians were strange but damn yall got like 15 different classifications of certs!
                  Actually, there is only one required - Basic. Intermediate and advanced are earned over a period of time combined with experience and/or education. But, you have to have the Basic to be certified in CA.

If you wish to gather more experience and education for promotions and advancement, you can earn the Supervisory, Management and Executive certifications.
                  Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4476 users online. 266 members and 4210 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X