300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rialto Pd

Has anyone gone through their hiring process yet? There isn't much info in here about the the process from start to finish.

After several attempts I will finally be able to make it to one of their test dates. If anyone has useful info to pass along I would greatly appreciate.

Last edited by SBSO_DISPATCHER; 12-05-2009, 03:59 AM. Reason: .............................
    Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

I guess the first question would be whether or not they got rid of that idiot city council. They're a good agency with a great K9 program. Good luck to both of you.
      God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

My former Lt. while I was in the academy is now the chief there after a brief stay at Baldwin Park.

I've only met Chief Mark Kling once but was given the impression that he was well liked/respected. Was also instrumental in expanding Rialto's SWAT team with equipment and training.

Awarded Chief of the Year by Calif Assoc. Tactical Officers a couple years back.
        Last edited by DCH; 10-14-2009, 12:02 PM.
        Timelines:

CBPO
        App: 2/12/09
        Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
        Written: 2/20/09
        NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
        TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
        App: 5/5/09
        Geo: San Diego
        Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
        NOR: 7/20/09
        Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
        TO: 10/6/09
        Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
        Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
        Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
        App: 8/17/10
        Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
        TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

Last edited by SBSO_DISPATCHER; 12-05-2009, 03:59 AM. Reason: .............................

Comment

best wishes candidates... hope you are having a great morning RIGHT NOW!

Comment

Just got back from testing. Has anyone reached the interview part of the process before? I'm wondering what type of questions they ask.

Comment

I assume they will ask us the normal oral board questions... Good Luck to us all!
                FCPA Class #36

Comment

How did the Orals & PAT go? I was moved over to the Pre-Service pool and did not test after after the written....
                  FCPA Class #36

Comment

I bombed, they pretty much told me to go back to school and come back when I have a degree. I registered at my local community college for some general ed. I start school in the spring I guess I'll try again in a few years.

Comment

Well, I went through their hiring process, but that was back in 1982. Do you think things have changed at all?

Comment

Last edited by SBSO_DISPATCHER; 12-05-2009, 04:00 AM. Reason: .............................

Comment

Are they still recruiting entry level? I went on their website and it said they were accepting laterals only...?
                          Last edited by urbancowboy; 11-10-2009, 06:15 PM. Reason: mispell
                          A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood. - General George Patton

Comment

Originally posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
                            I didnt do too bad. I actually decided to pass on the oppertunity. My chp test is coming up also (gonna pass on that one too). I figured why waste 5 years of me working with the county. My test for sbso is next month. Good luck to all of you who are applying with rialto pd. Hope to see you guys out in the field in the future. If you are really serious about working rialto pd go on a ride-a-long.
                            Hey, you cant go wrong either way (SBSO, Rialto) There both always on COPS. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
                              I didnt do too bad. I actually decided to pass on the oppertunity. My chp test is coming up also (gonna pass on that one too). I figured why waste 5 years of me working with the county. My test for sbso is next month. Good luck to all of you who are applying with rialto pd. Hope to see you guys out in the field in the future. If you are really serious about working rialto pd go on a ride-a-long.
                              thats pretty risky. both take a while to get through the process. why throw 2 opportunities away. whatever. your decision. good luck
                              If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                              Thomas Jefferson

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5284 users online. 294 members and 4990 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X