300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Academies Except the GI Bill?

Ok, I have tried to search for a thread on this subject but received a bunch of random threads... I don't know, maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone knows of Southern California Police Academies that will except the GI Bill... does the GI Bill even cover this type of academic study in California? I have heard of it working in other states. I am currently using my TA (Tuition Assistance) so that's out of the question.

Thanks for the help in advance.

*I understand that I could just call and find out but being that today is a holiday and no one is open (FED/STATE), I am being an impatient individual and asking you guys and gals.
    “Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands.” - Jeff Cooper

Thanks MrStryker,

Great info and link. As far as OJT, how exactly does that work. I know OJT is on the job training, but how does this tie in with attending/paying an academy?

Thanks again for the great info.
    “Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands.” - Jeff Cooper

Comment

I got the GI Bill, I got a lump sum after the academy. Because the LASD academy is ran through ELA college, COC or AV College. NOw Im gonna try to use the GI Bill to finish my studies, I sure dont want to let that money go to waste.
      sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
      -George Orwell

Comment

Miramar college will allow you to get your GI bill also. I was the first class approved a few years ago.

Comment

Fullerton College Police Academy accepts your GI Bill... Next class starts in January
          FCPA Class #36

Comment

Since most academies give you college credit, most accept GI bill. RSO is run through. Basically, if you fill out a college admission application, you qualify.
            God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. That's more than enough information. I am aiming for LADP so ill just hold off on self-sponsoring for now and see if I get picked up by them.

Comment

This is some great info. I dont know after coming back from the desert if I wanna go through more paperwork first or knock out the academy and be more appealing to departments.

Either way I will be all over this method as well as the standard method when I get home.
                Hoping to get picked up when I return from Iraq

Comment

I used my GI bill when I went to San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department Academy back in 1991. All the paper work goes through San Bernardino Valley College.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3887 users online. 172 members and 3715 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X