300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which California Departments.....

make wearing body armor optional. I dont understand why some departments would provide expensive body armor, yet make it optional to wear on duty.
    What if quotas did exist?!

I don't personally know of any these days. With collective bargaining, that is one of the issues mandated by department heads in lieu of wearing a tie or hat. With the style constantly being improved, along with comfort, it is foolish not to take advantage of the protection provided.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

With CBP its optional.

Comment

With LASD you have to have it available, not actually on. Everyone I know working patrol however wears it regularly.
        Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

USBP it is optional.

Comment

With LAPD, you shall wear it if you're in a uniform assignment working the street.

Comment

Ca. Fish and Game = optional.

Comment

Last edited by SBSO_DISPATCHER; 12-05-2009, 06:08 AM.
                Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

I will never understand those who dont wear it....esp when its provided to u at no cost.

Comment

Body armor should be mandatory. There is no excuse for not wearing it.
                    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Even if it weren't provided, I'd go out and buy it my own! That's just craziness not wearing it.

Comment

Vests are provided, they are mandatory and if you don't wear one and something happens (god forbid) you're not covered.
                        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Not to hijack the orig. topic, but I've always wanted to know why LAPD SWAT does not deploy ballistic shields during a tactical entry? Shields exists for added ballistic protection yet I've never seen LAPD SWAT using them? Am I mistaken?, do they use them?
                          Timelines:

CBPO
                          App: 2/12/09
                          Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                          Written: 2/20/09
                          NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                          TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                          App: 5/5/09
                          Geo: San Diego
                          Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                          NOR: 7/20/09
                          Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                          TO: 10/6/09
                          Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                          Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                          Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                          App: 8/17/10
                          Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                          TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

Without going into specific tactics, some SWAT teams (and the most elite military entry teams) don't use shields because their bulk limits movement too much.
                            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5414 users online. 301 members and 5113 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X