300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD badge question

Does anyone know who is currently manufacturing the LAPD badge ? I understand Sun Badge recently lost the contract.

Just out of interest what was the problem with that company ?
    Thanks.

I don't know, but I think Entenmann-Rovin is a likely candidate.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

The uniform badge is made by Blackinton.
      The flat badge is made by Sun.

Comment

In order to do business with the City of Los Angeles...you must, among other things, be screened for being a minority-owned business, or a woman-owned business - they get priority. You cannot have ONE employee on your payroll who is behind in child-support payments. And (last I heard, anyway,) you cannot do any business with Mayinmar (AKA: Burma).

The City could save a lot of money for the goods and services that they need, but they have to send a message, with every dollar they spend.
        "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
          The City could save a lot of money for the goods and services that they need, but they have to send a message, with every dollar they spend.
          Yes -- the message that they have plenty of money, which they don't in fact have. They also seem intent upon driving businesses outside the city limits.

Comment

I remember when LAPD decided to go back to Harley. They tried to get dealership status with BMW first. BMW said "NO". The LAPD guys said, "You have to, we're LAPD". BMW said, "Pound sand, we're BMW". Now they're regretting the Harley deal.
            God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
              Yes -- the message that they have plenty of money, which they don't in fact have. They also seem intent upon driving businesses outside the city limits.
              And therefore getting less and less money......
              Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
                And therefore getting less and less money......
                But of course. But they stand up for principle, except for the principle that their duty lies to the residents of Los Angeles, who suffer as a result of the council and mayor's decisions.

Comment

Same problem keeps them from getting a football team. Why should we spend money to build/remodel a decent stadium......Because it will bring in even more revenue (especially if they get a Superbowl, which the NFL would probably love to bring back to the LA area). But hey why should they do something new like plan for the future.........
                  Today's Quote:

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks all

In order to do business with the City of Los Angeles...you must, among other things, be screened for being a minority-owned business, or a woman-owned business - they get priority. You cannot have ONE employee on your payroll who is behind in child-support payments. And (last I heard, anyway,) you cannot do any business with Mayinmar (AKA: Burma).

Sounds like the company I work for

Comment

Same problem keeps them from getting a football team. Why should we spend money to build/remodel a decent stadium......Because it will bring in even more revenue (especially if they get a Superbowl, which the NFL would probably love to bring back to the LA area). But hey why should they do something new like plan for the future.........
                      Please excuse the threadjack...
                      Don't miss the boat! The plans for a stadium in "Los Angeles" are well underway... In the City of Industry, between Walnut and Diamond Bar. The plans have made their way over a lot of hurdles... One of the major hurdles left is FINDING A TEAM to move to LA. http://www.losangelesfootballstadium.com/

Comment

Originally posted by socalres View Post
                        Please excuse the threadjack...
                        Don't miss the boat! The plans for a stadium in "Los Angeles" are well underway... In the City of Industry, between Walnut and Diamond Bar. The plans have made their way over a lot of hurdles... One of the major hurdles left is FINDING A TEAM to move to LA. http://www.losangelesfootballstadium.com/
                        You notice however that is the City of Industry and NOT the City of Los Angeles

That's okay with me though cause that's LASD territory (show me the money)
                        Today's Quote:

Albert Einstein

Comment

You "forgot" the other option- The one where you get into mgm't in one of the cities "proprietary" Depts ( semi autonomous, profit earning), openly STEAL, and cut your cronies in on the "inside track" for contracts, then get a kick back from such a deal....
                          "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

You notice however that is the City of Industry and NOT the City of Los Angeles

That's okay with me though cause that's LASD territory (show me the money)
                            Yup...I see the attempt to capitalize on the marketing draw of the Los Angeles name... Heck, the MLB Angels owner thought it was OK... seriously, the LA Angels of Anaheim? Reeks of cheapness to me. There was nothing wrong with Anaheim Angels, or California Angels either...

Look out for the LA "NFL TEAM NAME" of Industry. HAHAH.

Anywhooo, sorry for the sidebar, back to the badge discussion...

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
                              You "forgot" the other option- The one where you get into mgm't in one of the cities "proprietary" Depts ( semi autonomous, profit earning), openly STEAL, and cut your cronies in on the "inside track" for contracts, then get a kick back from such a deal....
                              Oh, you had to bring up that one! And, don't forget, once you retire you work as a sales rep, etc. for the company and use your previous City employment as a way into more deals!

DOA, if you're not careful, you're going to curb this Rookie-enthusiasm of mine!
                              "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4814 users online. 291 members and 4523 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X