300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Beach City of..."Special Services Officer"

Does anyone know anything about this position...?

I could be mistaken but you might be talking about Long Beach Harbor Patrol. If so, they are not a POST sponsored agency and requires PC 832 but most have a Level II academy training.

http://www.polb.com/about/security/patrol.asp

Comment

I believe this is security at Long Beach City College and Long Beach Airport. "Marine Safety Officer" is title for Harbor Patrol.
      Last edited by Blizzination; 09-29-2009, 07:58 PM.

Comment

The LB has several positions that used to be called city security. they were Marine Patrol, Harbor Patrol, Airport Safety, Jailers, community college, building security and traffic. Each is a separate agency and each has its own rules ref booking or non booking. Some act like PD's other act like security.

They also have park rangers which are their own classification and have peace officer status, and then they have Police Services Assistants that are basically civilian report writers.

Can you cut and paste more of the job description I think I will be better able to figure out which job they are now calling Special Services Officer.
        Last edited by Garbage Man; 09-29-2009, 08:52 PM.
        Originally posted by FJDave
        GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
        "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzination View Post
          I believe this is security at Long Beach City College and Long Beach Airport. "Marine Safety Officer" is title for Harbor Patrol.
          Marine Safety Officer is LB's name for lifeguard. And it is a very good gig. they make a lot of $$ to ride around on a boat all day. They are under the fire department and work the fireman schedule, or at least they used to.
          Originally posted by FJDave
          GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
          "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4371 users online. 218 members and 4153 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X