300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OIS - Rialto (CA) PD

Not too many details available as yet. Suspect was reportedly armed with a shotgun and opened fire as officers arrived at the location of the call.

Officer, suspect wounded in Rialto shooting

Jannise Johnson
    Created: 09/27/2009 10:01:04 PM PDT

One officer was wounded and a suspect injured during an officer involved shooting in Rialto Sunday night.
    Rialto police officers responded to calls of a disturbance shortly before 7 p.m. to a residential area around Maple Avenue and Barbee Street, said police Lt. Joe Cirilo.

After arriving, the officers and one suspect exchanged gunfire, Cirilo said. One officer and the suspect were taken to a local hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening wounds.

Cirilo would not divulge what type of disturbance prompted officers to respond to the area.

The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department is investigating the shooting.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Last edited by SBSO_DISPATCHER; 12-05-2009, 06:48 AM.
    Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

Originally posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
      I have a lot of the information involoved
      Just tell me the injured officer isn't K. Balleweg, or J. Massey. I know them.
      "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Neither of those were injured, KiethM.
        Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Thanks! And a speedy...and well Worker's Compensated...recovery to the RPD officer who was wounded!
          "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2589 users online. 137 members and 2452 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X