300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty Suspenders

Anyone wear them? Likes? Dislikes? Recommendations.
    What if quotas did exist?!

Our departemnt doesn't allow them...I think they are tacky...

Comment

I think if you can find a way to hide them under your uniform shirt and/or vest, they would work pretty well. I would like a hidden set if they were made right.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Smurfette
      Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
      Originally posted by DAL
      You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Who cares how they look when they very well could save your back long enough to make it to retirement? Too many officers want to parade around looking like a Mexican general rather than wear a practical uniform from the 21st century.
        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I would love them!! I love how they look too It would save our backs in the long run! I know my back starts to hurt after a 16 hr shift!!

Comment

Motrin is my friend.....
            sigpic
            Originally posted by DAL

Comment

Get the hidden ones. You will not regret it. They are a little pain to get on, but it feels a lot better. Check out the duty gear forum.

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                Who cares how they look when they very well could save your back long enough to make it to retirement? Too many officers want to parade around looking like a Mexican general rather than wear a practical uniform from the 21st century.
                +1

I'm with ateamer on this one...as much as I believe in the concept of command presence with good uniform wear (shined boots, cleaned and ironed uniform) I also recognize this is a new age for law enforcement. We're encountering threats and situations that were never before anticipated before.

Simple things like white vs black undershirts.
                http://www.forcescience.org/fsinews/...of-death-real/ Here's a few choice quotes from the article:

The problem is by no means limited just to white T-shirts under a dark uniform, Avery emphasizes. “Light-colored shoulder patches, shiny badges, bright metal on hats, an activated flashlight-anything that creates a contrast can be dangerous. In semi-darkness like ambient moonlight, even sweat on your face and hands can be reflective.”

So far as the Triangle of Death is concerned, “Don’t equate looking professional with wearing a crisp white T-shirt under your uniform,” Avery cautions. “Dress for your mission: that’s the dress code for the modern officer.”

Dark colored uniforms, name tapes, sew-on badges. These should be the norm, IMHO. Shiny badges and pins are great for class-a uniforms, but I believe the days of bling for patrol should come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzination View Post
                  +1

I'm with ateamer on this one...as much as I believe in the concept of command presence with good uniform wear (shined boots, cleaned and ironed uniform) I also recognize this is a new age for law enforcement. We're encountering threats and situations that were never before anticipated before.

http://www.forcescience.org/fsinews/...of-death-real/ Here's a few choice quotes from the article:

The problem is by no means limited just to white T-shirts under a dark uniform, Avery emphasizes. “Light-colored shoulder patches, shiny badges, bright metal on hats, an activated flashlight-anything that creates a contrast can be dangerous. In semi-darkness like ambient moonlight, even sweat on your face and hands can be reflective.”

So far as the Triangle of Death is concerned, “Don’t equate looking professional with wearing a crisp white T-shirt under your uniform,” Avery cautions. “Dress for your mission: that’s the dress code for the modern officer.”

Dark colored uniforms, name tapes, sew-on badges. These should be the norm, IMHO. Shiny badges and pins are great for class-a uniforms, but I believe the days of bling for patrol should come to an end.

Too bad you aren't my chief...

Comment

Originally posted by WPD954 View Post
                    Too bad you aren't my chief...
                    Let me know when he retires

Early 20's patrol officer seeks top management position!

Comment

Under-the-workwear suspenders? ...just remember the 'rose' goes toward the front..
                      Timelines:

CBPO
                      App: 2/12/09
                      Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                      Written: 2/20/09
                      NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                      TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                      App: 5/5/09
                      Geo: San Diego
                      Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                      NOR: 7/20/09
                      Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                      TO: 10/6/09
                      Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                      Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                      Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                      App: 8/17/10
                      Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                      TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzination View Post
                        +1

I personally can't stand to see a white t-shirt under a dark uniform. As I am not a sworn officer, I never thought of it as an officer safety issue but now I can't stand it even more!!

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, these are forbidden for use by us.....you might get a waiver with a Drs' note.......

And we are required to wear white t-shirts too......

FJDave, pass me a couple of those Motrin, would ya?.....
                          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I have some 800 mg capsules...those good for ya LA DEP?
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by DAL

Comment

One of the agencies I put in for as a reserve officer allow suspenders and BDUs, so I'm hoping they'll allow me the same uniform standard. They look like a tact team more than police officers IMHO.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3106 users online. 155 members and 2951 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X