300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning Citations for California Law enforcement

Are any California law enforcement agancies that issue warning tickets? If your agency participates in this program or you know of a California agency, can you please provide me with general information regarding what the ticket looks like, tracking information, does it work? and anything else that may be pertinent to this. I work in the northern central coast of California as a motor officer. Thank you in advance for any suggestions or information

If we write, there is a fine attached to it.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Smurfette
    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
    Originally posted by DAL
    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by Bears Fan View Post
      Are any California law enforcement agancies that issue warning tickets? If your agency participates in this program or you know of a California agency, can you please provide me with general information regarding what the ticket looks like, tracking information, does it work? and anything else that may be pertinent to this. I work in the northern central coast of California as a motor officer. Thank you in advance for any suggestions or information
      Is your department looking at issuing warning tickets?

Comment

I though all cites were warnings? If you don't change your driving performance:
        1) The next cite will cost you more.
        2) You'll get in an accident.
        3) Your insurance rates will go up.
        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Written warnings?....why bother.....if I am writing something, it will be a ducket......

For warnings, we just use verbal warnings......I dont know of any agencies here in SoCal that use written warnings.
          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

There is one small agency in my county that at least used to issue written warnings. Of course, this is also the same very small department that has what they call a SWAT team and runs radar on the freeway at night rather than stay on the surface streets like a city PD is supposed to do.
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

^ Cap?

What would the point of a written warning be. Once someone gets home and analysis the fact that its a pointless piece of paper they'll be out doing whatever it is they were doing in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I give verbal warnings, but I'm pretty sure the person is going to continue doing what they were doing sooner than later.

Comment

CHP uses four actions:

1. Physical arrest

2. Notice to Appear (CHP 215) - a ticket.

3. Notice of Mechanical Violation (CHP 281) - Fix it ticket

4. Verbal Warning. The license plate, Driver's License number or Identification Card number - no follow-up.

No written warnings are used.
                Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

The only reason I could see for issuing warning tickets is to show a paper trail and track repeat offenders. i.e. "Oh, my tailight just broke yesterday officer, i'll get it fixed tomorrow." Or maybe a smaller dep. doesnt have computers to track who is beng stopped and for what reason...Any other ideas?

Comment

San Diego PD has written warnings. I haven't written one in a long, long time. Then again, I write very few traffic citations. Whatever you did has to be crazy stupid (or dangerous) for me to not give you a verbal warning. Most of my stops are for PC purposes.

I know our motors write those written warnings. That's all they were writing a few years back when we were in a contract dispute with the city. Our department wide citation numbers have never recovered.
                    "Get busy dying or get busy living".....Andy Dufrain, Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Los Gatos-Monte Sereno PD does it- they even gave me one

IIRC, they keep them on file and if you accumulate enough they'll issue a real citation.

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                        Written warnings?....why bother.....if I am writing something, it will be a ducket......

For warnings, we just use verbal warnings......I dont know of any agencies here in SoCal that use written warnings.
                        Agreed, same here.

Comment

Campbell does.

It’s for internal tracking of officer’s productivity. It’s not really a tracked warning of the offender.

It’s for: well sarge, I didn’t give out 10 tickets today. I could have. I only gave out 5 tickets, and 5 warnings (see the warnings are documented).

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
                          - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

Why waste the time, ink and not to mention the paper on a warning. Cut your budget save some $$$ and get rid of those paper warnings. Issue real cite's, which will have more of an effect on a motorist driving habit than a warning will ever have.
                            I like the motorist who signs the cite and I give them their copy and then they ask, is this a ticket or a warning lol.
                            Last edited by 2wheeldep; 09-23-2009, 06:47 PM. Reason: xxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by 2wheeldep View Post
                              Why waste the time, ink and not to mention the paper on a warning. Cut your budget save some $$$ and get rid of those paper warnings. Issue real cite's, which will have more of an effect on a motorist driving habit than a warning will ever have.
                              I like the motorist who signs the cite and I give them their copy and then they ask, is this a ticket or a warning lol.
                              Not to mention most drivers don't deserve written warnings
                              Their written warning is posted in the form of a Speed limit sign, Stop sign ect.....

RKT

(Really Kind Trooper)
                              "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2930 users online. 165 members and 2765 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X