300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rumor brings up a question...

The City of Los Angeles has agreed on a deal which would allow 2,400 civilian LAPD workers to retired, giving them three years credit toward their service time and moving them from the active payroll to the pension system.

A rumor is rolling around that Sworn LAPD employees will be offered a similar deal, get three years credit toward your service time and exit the active payroll to the pension system.

So.....if your agency (non PERS, of course) offered you three years credit toward your sevice time and you were now able make the exit, would you? But could you? Considering all the money it takes to live in Kullyfohrnya????
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Kieth,
    I hadn't hear this yet and we had one of the League directors in the station yesterday. I didn't hear any mention of it.

Comment

I learned from a DCP's Adjutant...again, it's just a rumor. I'm wondering more what the fantasy vs. reality outcome is for people, who would supposedly benefit is, though.
      "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Absolutely........been waiting for the golden handshake to happen up here. With everyone leaving anyhow...it isn't going to happen.

Oh well...........with or without...I'm out of here.
        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

I'd take it and run, run, run all the way to Durango (in your adopted state)!!!
          "Get busy dying or get busy living".....Andy Dufrain, Shawshank Redemption

Comment

I have 5 years to 50, but with my retirement in the County I have to wait until 65. With 20 years on as of 4 months ago, I am 1/2 way done with my career. Woo hoo!! Come on 40 years on the job!! YES!

Well, I COULD retire after 25 years on and get a whopping $1900 a month. Not even enough for the mortgage payment. But hey, I will get free medical for both my wife and me after 25 years....that will come on handy while living in the cardboard box on skid row.
            Last edited by FJDave; 09-25-2009, 01:30 PM.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Smurfette
            Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
            Originally posted by DAL
            You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

I only have 21 years on, so no. 72% just won't be enough, not when our plans are for me to retire at 85-90%. Airplanes, motorcycles, guns and vacations cost money! Now if was five years older, that would be a good deal.
              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158669 users online. 158 members and 158511 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X