300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiring freeze in San Diego!!!

While the info is buried in another San Diego PD thread, I wanted to make sure everybody knew about the hiring freeze that was announced today. I know there were quite a few people planning to come out here and test from far-away lands. ALL academies after October have been cancelled until further notice. That may be a loooonnnnngggg time since they say the budget is going to be 100 million short next year....no doubt typical city lies but that's the number they are throwing around.
    "Get busy dying or get busy living".....Andy Dufrain, Shawshank Redemption

Originally posted by Blue Leader View Post
    While the info is buried in another San Diego PD thread, I wanted to make sure everybody knew about the hiring freeze that was announced today. I know there were quite a few people planning to come out here and test from far-away lands. ALL academies after October have been cancelled until further notice. That may be a loooonnnnngggg time since they say the budget is going to be 100 million short next year....no doubt typical city lies but that's the number they are throwing around.
    Typical city Government BS. While the Politicians find ways to fill their pockets, the citizens suffer.

Thank you Mr. Goldstone!

Comment

Disregard. I read the memo that Gearilla posted. I just talked to personnel, though, and the still deny the fact that a freeze is in place. I think I will chalk that up to them being behind the curve as far as getting information goes.
      Last edited by SEAL6770; 09-22-2009, 01:46 PM.

Comment

The freeze is legit....the actual memo was posted by our POA president on our association website.

Comment

So anyone know where that leaves us that are currently in the background stage? Will we continue on and be placed on an eligibility list, or is the entire process cut off 'til further notice? This is the second time this has happened to me during a hiring process for LE this year!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearilla View Post
            So anyone know where that leaves us that are currently in the background stage? Will we continue on and be placed on an eligibility list, or is the entire process cut off 'til further notice? This is the second time this has happened to me during a hiring process for LE this year!!
            http://weblog.signonsandiego.com/new...hiring_fr.html

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

There are a few exceptions to the freeze, such as the current police and fire academy recruits, but Goldstone said all future academies will be canceled until further notice.
            Those in the academy are still slated to move forward. Everything else is limbo is probably going to be put on an eligibility list moving forward. Lots of those floating among San Diego County agencies.

With this in mind, Miramar's academy is going to have more slots for open-enrollees. Not sure what good it does since no one is hiring, but they may get first dibs as academy grads. Just throwing that out there.

Comment

I know it appears to read otherwise but according to our POA president, the October academy is safe but that will be the last one.

Comment

God I sure hope the October Academy is safe..I just cant imagine this freeze lasting too long with such a high turnover rate for officers...

Comment

It's over 90 out but it is getting very cold in San Diego county. VERY cold.

Comment

hiring freeze on cops yet the mayor says he needs a new city hall and convention center this year....
                    Last edited by SHU; 09-22-2009, 08:35 PM. Reason: whynot

Comment

Originally posted by HPDPOSSIBLE View Post
                      God I sure hope the October Academy is safe..I just cant imagine this freeze lasting too long with such a high turnover rate for officers...
                      Well, I have my Lt. interview this morning so I'll let everyone know what they say about the Oct. academy and the process in general for those of us completed or nearly complete with the background portion of the process.

I hope Blueleader is right on this one.
                      SDLEO2B

Hired by SDPD and going to the academy on 4/26

Comment

I just read the article from the SDPOA website. I also contacted my background investigator. They all echo what Blue Leader has already stated: the October academy is safe. It will run and people who have received offers will attend. However, the January academy is another story.

SDLEO2B, good luck today.

Comment

Sdleo good luck! You will do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by SDLEO2B View Post
                            I hope Blue Leader is right on this one.
                            Once you get your butt in the field and do a phase in my division, you'll learn that I'm **ALWAYS** right

However, if the October acdemy information turns out to be inaccurate, you can just blame City management for backing out on a promise made to the department....which wouldn't be anything new.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Leader View Post
                              Once you get your butt in the field and do a phase in my division, you'll learn that I'm **ALWAYS** right

However, if the October acdemy information turns out to be inaccurate, you can just blame City management for backing out on a promise made to the department....which wouldn't be anything new.
                              Well, I had my LT. Interview this morning. Good news is I made it through and they confirmed that the Oct. academy is going to happen. Bad news is, only those people who have already received a conditional offer prior to today will be attending it.

So, HDPossible and anyone else already holding a conditional offer, you guys are good to go from the sounds of it. Unfortunately I missed it by 24 hours. Of course, the same ol' rhetoric applies. "You never know. They might call you next week and say we got approval for the full 50 for Oct. Someone dropped out of the process for xyz reasons, etc. etc."

What I was told was that there are 44 going to the Oct. academy and that the future academies will likely be less than 25 maybe less than 10.

So, more waiting for me. To all you that are going in Oct. CONGRATS! I wish I were in your shoes

Oh, and Blue Leader was right
                              SDLEO2B

Hired by SDPD and going to the academy on 4/26

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1993 users online. 132 members and 1861 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X