Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

South Pasadena, Arcadia, Placentia PD questions.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Pasadena, Arcadia, Placentia PD questions.

I see that South Pasadena is hiring academy graduates and people currently enrolled in an academy. My question is, does anyone know if they will actually sponsor your while in the academy or only hire once the academy is completed? And any info about the hiring process, and the department would be greatly appreciated for South Pasadena, Arcadia, and Placentia PD.

I grew up in So. Pasadena, but I can't really give any great insight regarding the department. I can tell you that it is a great city. Mostly affluent families, with some slightly lower income apts/condos on the outskirts.

A lot of traffic (Fair Oaks, Huntington, Garfield) comes through there, and I could see a good cop'r making some good hooks from jammin' people. With the nice expensive homes, come the burgs'.

More than likely there are a fair share of wealthy, teenage brats causing problems for the department.

I could be way off, but generally speaking, I believe the department is a place for seasoned officers to slow down. The city is more of a place where the kids wave at you, and the residents bake cookies for the department. I know we did.

I lived in a number of the cities in the SGV, and almost all the cities are the same, with the exception being Pasadena. Some have a slightly different socioeconomic makeup, and may have more of a problem with gangsters, knuckleheads etc.

I'm sure someone will chime in with better insight into the departments.
    The RANGER God cried from above
    Lightning flashed from the darkened sun
    Hailstones fell and the earth did mourn
    It was a solem day for all Airborne
    June 2001 will be
    A tragic piece of RANGER history
    Time stood still on that cursed day
    Cuz legs were donning black berets

Comment

Sotuh Pasadena PD is small, the pay isn't as high as other local Depts, and not alot of upward mobility. Arcadia seems to be a popular choice to work, and alot of Pre-service guys up at Rio Hondo Academy pick it as their choice for hiring- Placentia PD? "Got nuthin' to tell you on them".... never met a cop from there ,never had an interaction or heard anything about them.....
      "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Grew up near the Placentia, Brea area. Placentia PD is a smaller dept. but has good funding and pays their people well. They have a mix of upper middle class and low income apts. and condos in the old town area (Santa Fe St.) They have a bit of a gang problem but have zero tolerance for buffoonery. (specially knuckleheaded buffoons). PPD has been described as a very competitive dept. within since brass likes to 'count beans' as far as productivity and arrests. They also are part of a regional SWAT team, and they participate in several special details and task forces with surrounding agencies.
        Timelines:

CBPO
        App: 2/12/09
        Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
        Written: 2/20/09
        NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
        TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
        App: 5/5/09
        Geo: San Diego
        Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
        NOR: 7/20/09
        Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
        TO: 10/6/09
        Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
        Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
        Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
        App: 8/17/10
        Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
        TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

i know south pas has some in the academy now. nice small dept and can get busy at times, they are just not big on the media. dont forget they border highland park and el sereno

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4481 users online. 269 members and 4212 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X