Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPDPOSSIBLE
    replied
    San diego does not create eligbility lists based on any testing, as seal said they will determine if you continue to backgrounds via your PIQ. A sergeant will go through the PIQs and weed out canidates without any life experience, automatic DQs, and people that just don't fit the bill.

Leave a comment:

• SEAL6770
    replied
    Originally posted by StreetDoctor View Post
    I'll definitely get in touch with a recruiter. I plan on taking it Dec 10/11th. I'm glad to hear they'll guarantee spots for people from out of state, I'd hate to fly out there and get turned away. I looked around on the site and from what I understand both the written and phsyical are pass/fail. How is an eligibility list formed? Or is it all randomly assigned numbers?
    I am only responding because I just took the tests on Friday and Saturday and, obviously, I am from out of state. They do guarantee if you live 150 miles or more away that you will be able to test. They actually separate those people in line and check IDs to be certain. Both tests are pass/fail. I never heard them say anything about an eligibility list, maybe someone further along can offer advice. They told us when we were doing the PIQ after the PAT that they will review your packet within 30 days (ideally) and 1/3 will advance.

Leave a comment:

• StreetDoctor
    replied
    I'll definitely get in touch with a recruiter. I plan on taking it Dec 10/11th. I'm glad to hear they'll guarantee spots for people from out of state, I'd hate to fly out there and get turned away. I looked around on the site and from what I understand both the written and phsyical are pass/fail. How is an eligibility list formed? Or is it all randomly assigned numbers?

Leave a comment:

• Blind Justice
    replied
    When are you planning on taking it? Im going to try an fly out there from Atlanta in Dec.

I was told that I would be issues a seat no matter what since im from out of state.

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• SHU
    replied
    I'd make a call to recruitment and talk to somebody about it. I would not come all the way out here on a hope and a prayer that you get in to take the test. Good luck with it regardless. The sunshine is nice out here but its gonna cost you bigtime!

Leave a comment:

• tko51
    replied
    shoot me a PM...I was an out of state hire.

Leave a comment:

• SEAL6770
    replied
    Just took the written and PAT and I am from out of state. SDPD guarantees you a spot for both tests on both days if you live 150 miles or more away. No questions asked. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• HPDPOSSIBLE
    replied
    When I took my written test in april they recommended getting a hour and a half early. I would do that. I didn't see anyone get turned away when arriving past the recommeded time but to be safe if the test is at 0830 then I would be there at 0700. Plus there should be a recruiter out there giving you good information and answering questions for the early commers.

Leave a comment:

• Another San Diego PD thread- Coming from out of state

Good evening, I hope I don't get to much flack here. I'm a career firefighter in the Chicagoland area with only a couple years under my belt. There's a possibility we might be laying off. I have family in Socal and I've always wanted to move out there so I'm planning on taking the SDPD test this fall. I understand it's a "first come, first serve" test. If I'm flying in to take the test I'd like to not miss it. If the test is at 8:30am what time should I get there to assure a spot? If I have to show up at 4:30am I will I just don't want to miss the chance and waste the airfare/hotel, time off, etc. Any other advice for a guy coming from out of state is appreciated. I plan on taking the sheriffs test and SDPD by the way.

Thanks!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3179 users online. 180 members and 2999 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X