Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrestable misdemeanors not commited in your presence

Hey all,

I can't seem to find my list of arrestable misdemeanors not committed in an officer's presence. Could someone post up a source or a list from memory? I know DUI, minor committing a misd., misd committed on school grounds, 273.5/243(e)1, and handgun at an airport (loaded, I think). But would appreciate it if someone had a printable list or something of the sort to put in my warbag. Thanks!

Misd on School grounds? I know assaults on school grounds but I did not think all Misd. So if an adult commits a 488 on a school ground you can just arrest them?
    Originally posted by FJDave
    GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
    "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

This is why I need the list! I'm gonna have to check up on that one again. I think it was only 240/242 on school grounds during school hours.

Comment

Someone just pointed me in the right direction, here is the list if anyone wants it.

Misdemeanor committed by a juvenile (WI Code 625), or any of the following eight violations:

-driving while under the influence. (sections 40300.5 and 40600 VC)
        -carrying a loaded firearm on an individual's person or in a vehicle while in any public place or on any public street. PC 12031(a)(4)(A)
        -violating a domestic protective or restraining order, when the officer was responding to a call alleging same. PC 836(c) (MANDATORY ARREST)
        -committing assault or battery on a spouse, cohabitant, or a parent of their child. PC836(d)
        -committed assault or battery oupon any person who is 65 years of age or older and who is related to the suspect by blood or legal guardianship. PC 836 subd. (d)
        -committing assault or battery on school property while school is in session. PC 243.5
        -committing assault or battery against a working firefighter, emergency medical technician, or mobile intensive care paramedic. PC 836.1
        -carrying a concealed firearm at an airport. PC 836(e)
        Last edited by Crash23; 09-15-2009, 03:44 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Any Misd commited by a juvenile anywhere as long as you have PC. School grounds does not effect adults on Misd its the same process.

Comment

Originally posted by LAschoolCop View Post
            Any Misd commited by a juvenile anywhere as long as you have PC. School grounds does not effect adults on Misd its the same process.
            Unless its an assault. An adult comitting an assault on school grounds can be arrested without anyone seeing it with PC.
            GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Man View Post
              Unless its an assault. An adult comitting an assault on school grounds can be arrested without anyone seeing it with PC.
              LOL I forget about adults! Arresting an adult is easier but I rarely do it!

Comment

Originally posted by LAschoolCop View Post
                LOL I forget about adults! Arresting an adult is easier but I rarely do it!
                I always thought juvies were easier. I would just arrest them, release them to the school and have them call the kids parents. make a copy of the emergency card and go 10-08.

District B13

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Man View Post
                  I always thought juvies were easier. I would just arrest them, release them to the school and have them call the kids parents. make a copy of the emergency card and go 10-08.

If its something we can RFC for its easy....but if we have to book we have to go to the local LAPD station and do the longggg booking process. You really need two officers because you have to watch the juvie the whole time and if there is a line at the jail or the parents cant come pick them up for a little while we sit and watch!

If you have two officers one can watch the juvie and the other can do the report. With an adult you can just drop them in the tank and go do your work!

Comment

LASchoolCop,

Check your Dept policy. You will come across a lot of delinquents that are bused in from the ghetto, to the Valley. If your arrest is early enough, you can book the fool right away, then release him to the school admin. You can then do your paperwork in the comfort of your own office and turn it in before EOW. That way you don't have to wait for hrs for mommy to drive out there.
                    God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Bully View Post
                      LASchoolCop,

Check your Dept policy. You will come across a lot of delinquents that are bused in from the ghetto, to the Valley. If your arrest is early enough, you can book the fool right away, then release him to the school admin. You can then do your paperwork in the comfort of your own office and turn it in before EOW. That way you don't have to wait for hrs for mommy to drive out there.
                      Yea I do that if the parents cant come right away but it always happens at dismissal and it takes the parents along time to show!

Comment

I have a question relateing to a Domestic restraining order violation.

Short story. Legit violation occured. We got there 10 mins after suspect left the vic's res. So suspect was long gone. He lives with parents so i went over their res to see if he is there. contacted mom who told me her son told her he was going to his ex'es house then the gym. I leave a card with mom and number for son to call the handling officer so we can talk/t15 him. He calls handling ofc 3 hours later and says hes going to '**** us up' if we try to arrest him.

Handling officer get off shift. I contact my Sgt at 0300 to see if i can go back to moms house ot arrest suspect, after handling ofc gives me the info about the threat. My sgt said that we can't arrest him because it is a misdemeanor and it occured 7 hours prior and we are no longer in 'hot pursuit' of him.

So afte reading PC 836c it looks like an arrest can be made even if its 7 hours stale and we aren't in hot pursuit. Has anyone run into a situation like this before, and how did you handle it?

Comment

Its not that you can arrest him, you SHALL arrest him. If he had gone to the wifes house and 187ed her, you would be in a world of hurt. There is no leeway for that section.

District B13

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

That would be one where if nothing else, the primary should write it and request out of custody filing. You then research the law and do briefing training on it within the week with excerpts from the legal source book and the Penal Code. If the guy does go back and 187 occurs as previously stated, just defer the **** storm to the Sgt that told you not to hook him.
                            God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3733 users online. 226 members and 3507 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X