300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palo Alto Police

Does anybody have any info for Palo Alto Police? I'm considering lateraling there and the research I've done shows that there is some pretty recent backlash about racial profiling with the chief. Is this over? Are they supportive of their cops?

Thanks.

Originally posted by samertime View Post
    Does anybody have any info for Palo Alto Police? I'm considering lateraling there and the research I've done shows that there is some pretty recent backlash about racial profiling with the chief. Is this over? Are they supportive of their cops?

Thanks.
    That Chief is gone. New Chief now at PAPD.

Comment

They had a temp chief. Has the new one been hired??
      You will be catering to a wealthy and/or elite population next to a city that use to be the murder capital of the country. Many of us in the area supported the statements of the former COP. She was being honest. Too honest for the population. Pushed her into retirement.

Comment

why not lateral to san jose, they are hiring.
        Ivan, did you see the sun rise this morningsigpic?

Comment

What did the former chief say. Did is just tell the truth? Any links to the background on this story?

Comment

http://www.stanforddaily.com/cgi-bin/?p=3176

Comment

Originally posted by samertime View Post

Thanks.
              It's a great department. Good officers, good pay good benefits, and an amazing place to live.

Comment

She just told the truth.

Comment

VERY PC department. Lots of past promotions based on gender, not merit. Good pay. Expensive to live there. Some GREAT Sgts/Agents to work with. Special teams. Depending what you want, (work in a stressful, PC oriented agency where your every action is watched by citizens and Officers and second guessed), or just another place to try out, look at another agency. You will be happier.
                  Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Are there any depts left that promote people because they are actually competent enough to have stripes on their sleeve?
                    LAPD

Comment

samertime:

It's a good place overall. The earlier issue was mostly in part due to having bad representation followed by the city giving in to the BS.

If you want to a hook up with an officer for a ride along, let me know. he'll (the officer) will be "real" with you. he lateraled there years ago and is content / happy there.

they are somewhat *picky* on who they will hire and I guess, they can afford to.....

Berlioz:

no
                      ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
                      -- John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Berlioz View Post
                        Are there any depts left that promote people because they are actually competent enough to have stripes on their sleeve?
                        I've never heard of one. Its always based on either friendship, gender, race, etc.... Merit has nothing to do with anything anymore it seems.

Comment

From what I can tell, it takes a long time to make rank at PAPD. I know somebody there that made Agent (aka Corporal) in seven years, which is "fast". Another guy I know there is still an Agent at 15 years.

Comment

Maybe they don't believe in actually taking seniority into consideration when promoting. If I was a sheriff or chief, seniority would be 50% of the score for promotion.
                            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Uh oh

Micromanaging is a huge flag for me. I'm trying to find an agency with a good balance of not too small and not too big... Any suggestions?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5722 users online. 303 members and 5419 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X