300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LASD Deputy killed in TC

After reading Hankido's post, I decided to change the title of my thread so it doesn't mislead anyone else. Sorry for the initial post. I was just in shock hearing it at the station.

RIP Corporal Phillips
    Last edited by McGruff; 09-13-2009, 02:38 PM.

Contra-Costa Times

Two deputies, six others injured in accident near Fairplex
    Jannise Johnson, Staff Writer
    Posted: 09/12/2009 04:54:28 PM PDT
    Updated: 09/12/2009 04:56:12 PM PDT

POMONA - Two Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies were hospitalized and several other people were injured after a traffic collision Saturday morning near the Fairplex.

Pomona police responded to the area of McKinley and White avenues after a reported collision around 11:47 a.m., police said.

The two deputies were in a patrol car headed south on White when they collided with a red Honda Civic, said Pomona police Sgt. Mike Olivieri.

The first collision caused the driver of the patrol car to lose control and crash into several cars that were turning into the Fairplex.

In all, six vehicles were involved. The two deputies were taken by medical helicopter to Los Angeles County USC Medical Center for treatment.

A Los Angeles County deputy who was on scene taking pictures said both deputies suffered broken femurs.

The Pomona Police Department Major Accident Investigation Team is investigating the collision, Olivieri said.

He said the investigation may take weeks to complete.

"It's going to be a complex reconstruction," Olivieri said. "There will be a lot of witnesses that need to be re-interviewed."

There were eight people taken to hospitals for treatment. None of the injuries are considered to be life-threatening.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Holly sh**. I started as an explorer for El Monte back in the early 80's. Randy was the advisor for Azusa and was an instructor at the San Gabriel Valley Exp. Academy when I went through and later when I returned as a P.T. Exp. Sgt.

RIP Randy. He was a really good guy.
      Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      Albert Einstein

Comment

RIP Randy

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5646 users online. 339 members and 5307 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X