Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBSO_DISPATCHER
    replied
    Last edited by SBSO_DISPATCHER; 09-10-2009, 09:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FPD GUY
    replied
    Originally posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
    Oh.. nevermind.. you wouldnt know me. you are handled by the vv dispatch center. not ours.. sorry
    But I'm sure I hear you. I keep my radio on scan.

Leave a comment:

• SBSO_DISPATCHER
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 1Deputy1Riot
    replied
    As 162 said, two years is a long time in the jails unless you are holding out for one city. I did 13 months in the jail with no prior law enforcement. But second day out of the academy i had my name on the transfer list for patrol.

Be careful when you ask a jailer how long he / she has been in the jail because (god bless them) they may want to stay in there. I hated it. SBSD covers such a large area a lateral can get out pretty quick (in normal times) as well as an academy grad.

Leave a comment:

• SBSO_DISPATCHER
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SBSO_DISPATCHER
    replied

Leave a comment:

• new boot 162
    replied
    I've been a dep with SBSD for 4 years now. When I was in the jails, laterals were going out within 6-9 months. But, things have slowed down a lot. For a few years 25-30 deps would be pushed out to patrol every three months when a class graduated. Now, it's a trickle so I think going to patrol would take a about a year. The tradeoff is that all the laterals I know only had to do a few weeks or maybe a month max of FTO depending on skill and experience. I know of no one in the last four years who had to do two years in the jail unless it was by choice or they messed up.

I knew laterals who came in at top pay or a step below because they had more years on than our top step would be. Most of the laterals I know came in at higher pay steps then they would have been if they started their careers with SBSD. Overall, I think SBSD is a good department. We get treated well.

Leave a comment:

• SBSO_DISPATCHER
    replied

Leave a comment:

• QRF
    replied
    All this talk of SBSO brings back old memories. I went to the SBSO Academy back when Tidwell was Sheriff. Ron Cochran and Scott Mesa were my classmates. Seems like it was a long time ago.

Leave a comment:

• SBSO_DISPATCHER
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SOCALCOP
    replied
    All new hires start in the jail, wait for patrol is about 2 yrs depending on station choices. Don't believe everything you may hear prior to being hired such as getting out to the streets in 6 mos. or top step pay. Just take it with a grain of salt, not written in stone. Otherwise SBSD is a great department. Hard on pay/benefiets but a good place overall.

Leave a comment:

• nobodyjr
    replied
    Don't laterals there start out in the jail like boots?

Leave a comment:

• Socal-Cop
    replied
    Out of curiosity.. How much say do the laterals get when being assigned to a station? I hear Rancho is a pretty cush station to be at so would it be hard to get assigned there as a new lateral?

Leave a comment:

• SBSO_DISPATCHER
    started a topic San Bernardino County Sheriff-Lateral

San Bernardino County Sheriff-Lateral

Last edited by SBSO_DISPATCHER; 09-10-2009, 09:48 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4212 users online. 249 members and 3963 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X