300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Bernardino County Sheriff-Lateral

Last edited by SBSO_DISPATCHER; 09-10-2009, 08:48 AM.
    Gotta catch em allll.........

Out of curiosity.. How much say do the laterals get when being assigned to a station? I hear Rancho is a pretty cush station to be at so would it be hard to get assigned there as a new lateral?

Comment

Don't laterals there start out in the jail like boots?

Comment

All new hires start in the jail, wait for patrol is about 2 yrs depending on station choices. Don't believe everything you may hear prior to being hired such as getting out to the streets in 6 mos. or top step pay. Just take it with a grain of salt, not written in stone. Otherwise SBSD is a great department. Hard on pay/benefiets but a good place overall.

Comment

Last edited by SBSO_DISPATCHER; 09-10-2009, 08:47 AM.

Comment

All this talk of SBSO brings back old memories. I went to the SBSO Academy back when Tidwell was Sheriff. Ron Cochran and Scott Mesa were my classmates. Seems like it was a long time ago.

Comment

Comment

I've been a dep with SBSD for 4 years now. When I was in the jails, laterals were going out within 6-9 months. But, things have slowed down a lot. For a few years 25-30 deps would be pushed out to patrol every three months when a class graduated. Now, it's a trickle so I think going to patrol would take a about a year. The tradeoff is that all the laterals I know only had to do a few weeks or maybe a month max of FTO depending on skill and experience. I know of no one in the last four years who had to do two years in the jail unless it was by choice or they messed up.

I knew laterals who came in at top pay or a step below because they had more years on than our top step would be. Most of the laterals I know came in at higher pay steps then they would have been if they started their careers with SBSD. Overall, I think SBSD is a good department. We get treated well.

Comment

Comment

Comment

As 162 said, two years is a long time in the jails unless you are holding out for one city. I did 13 months in the jail with no prior law enforcement. But second day out of the academy i had my name on the transfer list for patrol.

Be careful when you ask a jailer how long he / she has been in the jail because (god bless them) they may want to stay in there. I hated it. SBSD covers such a large area a lateral can get out pretty quick (in normal times) as well as an academy grad.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
                          Oh.. nevermind.. you wouldnt know me. you are handled by the vv dispatch center. not ours.. sorry
                          But I'm sure I hear you. I keep my radio on scan.

Comment

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2670 users online. 140 members and 2530 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X