300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Bernardino Sheriff Level III

I am going to start thlevel 3 academy on oct 5th. anyone have any insight into the academy. difficulty of PT or anything else.

also, i need to get 750 round of ammo and cant find 45acp anywhere at reasonable prices. anyone got any leads?
    If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
    Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by SBSO_DISPATCHER; 09-14-2009, 03:29 AM.
    Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

Haven't taken the POST Level III since the early '90s, and I'm sure it has changed somewhat, but the course I took (through O.C. Sheriff) was very low stress, classroom/range oriented, and ALOT of fun.

Good luck to you.
      Timelines:

CBPO
      App: 2/12/09
      Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
      Written: 2/20/09
      NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
      TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
      App: 5/5/09
      Geo: San Diego
      Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
      NOR: 7/20/09
      Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
      TO: 10/6/09
      Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
      Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
      Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
      App: 8/17/10
      Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
      TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

Originally posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
        walmart sells ammo at a really really good price.. i know for my 9mm i can get around 100 bullets for 10-15 bucks
        I know about walmart prices. That's where I buy most of my ammo. The only problem is they are always out of stock. And 100 rounds of 9 mm is $18-20
        If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Stop by the Turners in Orange and see if they sell bulk 45's or Ammo Bros in Cerritos.

15961 Piuma Ave
          Cerritos, CA 90703-1526
          (562) 865-3980

Comment

08duramax, prior to buying any ammo talk to the range staff and see if they are able to provide your ammo. I dont know about level 3 reserves but when i went through the regular academy the pre service guys just paid the academy for their ammo. Also, i am not sure about the reserve academy again but the normal academy is hard to say the least. Running, push ups, stress, waiting for the people who cant run in a front leaning rest position, boots better shine like a mirror, home work, uniform had better be perfect. But well worth the training.

Comment

Has anyone attended the Level III academy at San Bernandino Valley College that could shed some light on what to expect?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5469 users online. 280 members and 5189 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X