300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Gate PD Lay-Offs

South Gate PD just got rid of all their Public Safety Officers. Both PT and FT officers. (about 20 people) Such a shame. That was a very good program. Lots of good cops came out of that. The sub-station they manned will also close at the end of the month.

Are public safety officers equivalent to CSO's or are they peace officers under 830.1?

Comment

Originally posted by McGruff View Post
      Are public safety officers equivalent to CSO's or are they peace officers under 830.1?
      PSO's at South Gate fall under 836.5PC or 831.4PC. Can't remember. The difference between a PSO and CSO are, besides pay, is that PSO's are mostly in the field and have lots of public contact. They also do some limited "enforcement". CSO's take cold reports and have limited public contact. I think they only issue cites for vendors and parking violations.

Sure was fun here.

I will miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by SGPSO View Post
        PSO's at South Gate fall under 836.5PC or 831.4PC. Can't remember. The difference between a PSO and CSO are, besides pay, is that PSO's are mostly in the field and have lots of public contact. They also do some limited "enforcement". CSO's take cold reports and have limited public contact. I think they only issue cites for vendors and parking violations.

Sure was fun here.

I will miss it.
        Where will you be moving onto? Any plans?

Comment

Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
          Where will you be moving onto? Any plans?
          I ll wait and see what positions the Dept. has open. Maybe dispatch. If not, I guess I ll have to start getting into shape and try to become a policeman.

Comment

Same thing is happening in Pomona. I could be out of a job also.

Comment

Ya, I heard Pomona might have to take furloughs starting real soon.

Comment

We started last Sunday.

Comment

Private security will soon take the place of South Gates PSOs. Looks like more cuts are on the way. Other city services may be contracted out.

Comment

Originally posted by tinyed View Post
                    Private security will soon take the place of South Gates PSOs. Looks like more cuts are on the way. Other city services may be contracted out.
                    Are they really saving that much money? I would ramp up the RSVP and Reserve Officer programs...

...shoot, I'll chase cold case calls/reports any day to build up some LE experience.

Comment

The South Gate Police public safety officer program ended at 0000hrs on 6-1-09. Private security took over the substation, now called the El Paseo security office, at that time. At 0002hrs they had a 417 in the plaza right in front of the old substation and a 459 to an auto . Can't wait to see what happens in a week. I wonder how long it would take before they ask for the PSOs to return.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3949 users online. 191 members and 3758 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X