300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Jose PD hiring details

Just curious if anyone knows how many recruits San Jose PD is looking to hire in the near future or how many do they usually have in an academy class?
    Last edited by mrjmb; 04-15-2009, 04:21 PM. Reason: clarify

Sjpd

I heard they normally have 55 to 60 people per academy and they do 2 per year on a normal basis. Their next one is scheduled for Jan 2010.

Comment

http://www.sjpd.org/joinsjpdblue/

Very Very Strict Hiring Policy
      Very Very Picky

Comment

Rumor has it that they are opening a new substation and looking to hire officers to fill it.
        Santa Clara SO
        Application: 02/19/2009
        Written/PAT: 03/21/2009
        PHQ Inter: 04/14/2009
        BI Inter: 05/19/2009
        Polygraph: 05/21/2009
        Psyc Written: 06/09/2009
        Psyc Inter: 06/12/2009
        Medical: 06/22/2009
        Final Interview/Benefit Brief: 07/08/2009
        Academy: 09/08/2009

Graduation: 03/02/2010

Comment

Originally posted by USMC0211 View Post
          Rumor has it that they are opening a new substation and looking to hire officers to fill it.

The SJPD Substation is already currently being built in South San Jose. I think they are looking at Oct 2009 or later for a completion date.

Comment

I find it highly unlikely that a new substation will affect their hiring in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by IronBruin View Post
              I find it highly unlikely that a new substation will affect their hiring in any way.
              Actually during the WSTB in San Jose on the 4th an officer gave a small speech and said that they were looking to staff the sub-station and would require some additional officers. He didnt mention a number.

Comment

Hey guys, this is my first post here. When I took the physical for SJPD (March 21st or so) the person in charge also said that there would be around 55-60 people they would try and put in for the Jan.09 academy (around 350-400 are competing ) . I have taken both written and physical and scored pretty high on both. I just took my online PHQ last monday and tentatively scheduled for the Oral board on April 30th. Anyone going to the Oral seminar next Thursday? I am also taking the all day test for Santa Clara sheriff's tomorrow (saturday), anyone have tips on the written? Any advice would be great.

Comment

Good afternoon all,

I am also in the process with San Jose PD. I am waiting for the selection board to meet to decide my fate...lol. The next academy is July 6, 2009 and that's the one I am competing to attend. From what I have heard everyone on here is correct with the number of recruits San Jose is looking to hire. I was told by my background investigator that they usually take 50 to 60 recruits depending on how many qualified applicants they have. He also said that they have selected 40 out of a big pool of applicants just because they did not think there were enough qualified applicants.

I went to the oral board seminar and I would highly recommend attending if you have an oral board coming up. The Officers will tell you exactly what they are looking for on the oral board and how they score you. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ush_36 View Post
                    ...55-60 people they would try and put in for the Jan.09 academy (around 350-400 are competing ) ...
                    The number of SJPD applicants usually start at about 1800-2000 applicants. They are then cutdown at every part of the application process; PHQ, PAT, Written, Oral, Background, Polygraph, Psych, and Medical. From 1800-2000 applicants down to 60-80 candidates. Then the hiring board will select the best qualified candidates from the group. It doesn't matter if they hire 20, 30, 40, or 50. They will not fill a class just to fill the class, they will only select the most qualified candidates. Especially in today's economy the competition is fierce (BS, MS, and Phds, Military Experience, other experiences) Along with the total class size, maybe 40 to 50 recruits, some of the spots will also be taken by affiliated recruits sent there to train by their respective agencies.

Good Luck!

Comment

How many have applied for San Jose? What have you thought about the application process? I tested for Oakland PD and have to say they did not seem as organized as San Jose PD does. Just wondering what your experiences have been.

Thanks

Comment

I just spoke to the SJPD recruiters today. They informed me that they are looking for 33 recruits to fill the Jan 2010 academy.
                        Santa Clara SO
                        Application: 02/19/2009
                        Written/PAT: 03/21/2009
                        PHQ Inter: 04/14/2009
                        BI Inter: 05/19/2009
                        Polygraph: 05/21/2009
                        Psyc Written: 06/09/2009
                        Psyc Inter: 06/12/2009
                        Medical: 06/22/2009
                        Final Interview/Benefit Brief: 07/08/2009
                        Academy: 09/08/2009

Graduation: 03/02/2010

Comment

Response edited
                          Last edited by OPD510; 03-20-2014, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Response edited
                            Last edited by OPD510; 03-20-2014, 11:26 PM.

Comment

I just spoke to the SJPD recruiters today. They informed me that they are looking for 33 recruits to fill the Jan 2010 academy.
                              That number is about right for the July 2009 and January 2010 Academies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7575 users online. 269 members and 7306 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X