300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Bernardino County Sheriff Deputy Trainee

They just reopened the application system for San Bernardino County Sheriff Dept, it says to apply between 3/7/09-3/16/09. Does anyone have any experience in the application process with this department? I know some of the areas that they patrol are pretty rough.
    Originally Posted by Law100
    Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Hmmm... very interesting ...
    In backgrounds ...

Comment

Originally posted by Copp'rPenny View Post
      Hmmm... very interesting ...
      Indeed... I think agencies are just telling YOU they are on a hiring freeze so they don't hurt your feelings

Comment

Originally posted by IronBruin View Post
        Indeed... I think agencies are just telling YOU they are on a hiring freeze so they don't hurt your feelings
        LOL.

Comment

Or it could be a way for the HR Department to stay busy...
          ____________ _____________
          "Those Who Stand For Nothing, Fall For Anything" - Alexander Hamilton

Comment

Yeah; SBSO was out at Cal State San Bernardino for a CJ job fair (great time for a job fair, the place was half empty) and passed out fliers advising of the new opening dates available. I shot in my application over the weekend after hearing about the opening. Let's see what happens.
            Consistency isn't always good. Especially if you are consistently wrong.
            Certified Private Pilot

Comment

I just applied too. We will see.
              If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
              Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I put in too.

Comment

Good luck everybody!

Comment

I am really debating on this one. How many are they looking to hire?
                    I'm probably going to call them up today or tomorrow.

Comment

Hi guys! I talked to my BI today (yes, it's one of the dreaded five below). Actually, they're NOT totally frozen. They put 15 in the October academy (4 washed out ), 10 in January and another 10 are planned in April. When recruits wash out, they immediately fill the hole with laterals, and there are a number of them also standing by.

July academies typically are the biggest of the year, around 50, because this is right after the start of the new fiscal year. They'll know in April how big the July class will be.

He said although the economy is squeezing them, they have to keep up numbers for the contract cities. Yea for that!

Off to change my signature line ...
                      In backgrounds ...

Comment

I applied as well!!!

Comment

Whoo, sounds promising Penny! Do keep us updated on your progress, good luck guys!
                          Consistency isn't always good. Especially if you are consistently wrong.
                          Certified Private Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Copp'rPenny View Post
                            Hi guys! I talked to my BI today (yes, it's one of the dreaded five below). Actually, they're NOT totally frozen. They put 15 in the October academy (4 washed out ), 10 in January and another 10 are planned in April. When recruits wash out, they immediately fill the hole with laterals, and there are a number of them also standing by.

July academies typically are the biggest of the year, around 50, because this is right after the start of the new fiscal year. They'll know in April how big the July class will be.

He said although the economy is squeezing them, they have to keep up numbers for the contract cities. Yea for that!

Off to change my signature line ...
                            He's alive?!?

Comment

Originally posted by pappabacon View Post
                              They just reopened the application system for San Bernardino County Sheriff Dept, it says to apply between 3/7/09-3/16/09. Does anyone have any experience in the application process with this department? I know some of the areas that they patrol are pretty rough.
                              Yes, but don't take my advice.... I went through the SBSO Academy in 1984.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8992 users online. 378 members and 8614 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X