• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 08duramax View Post
    how did eveyones interview go?
    Good. I made it on to the next step.

Comment

I moved on as well. I'm glad that I changed it from a phone interview to in-person. There were some differences between what I put on my paper and what got coded into my file (which made for some interesting questions up front ). I'm not sure how it happened, but I'm sure over the phone I would have received a lot more criticism about it. I wonder how often that happens....

Anyway, who's able to make it to the orientation on Saturday? I'll be there.
      Never second guess your own common sense.

Comment

I wasn't offered an orientation for this Saturday. I'm hoping it is because I live so far away and it's such short notice. At least that's what I hope was the reason. He said I passed the interview on Monday so that's the only reason I can see. I am going to call tomorrow.
        If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I wasn't offered an orientation for this Saturday. I'm hoping it is because I live so far away and it's such short notice. At least that's what I hope was the reason. He said I passed the interview on Monday so that's the only reason I can see. I am going to call tomorrow.
          I wouldn't. You passed, and your turn will come. I know it's tempting to call a BI, but I hear they're really busy people.
          In backgrounds ...

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightBlue View Post
            There were some differences between what I put on my paper and what got coded into my file (which made for some interesting questions up front ). I'm not sure how it happened
            That happened to me too! What I answered "yes" to on the ScanTron did not translate well to what was reported to the SO (by the third party company). I was surprised when asked about a certain answer. Thankfully, the BI simply listened to what I said and wrote over the report wording by hand to reflect the truth.

I think the in-person format gives the BI a feel for the candidate as well. Since we don't have a formal Oral Board in the process, it's the first opportunity for the SO to see a candidate alone in a lengthy personal interaction. I know it was to my advantage to present myself in person, backing up my essay statement claims. I came away feeling good about myself, the SO, and the whole LE endeavor.

Comment

Originally posted by Copp'rPenny View Post
              I wouldn't. You passed, and your turn will come. I know it's tempting to call a BI, but I hear they're really busy people.
              I wouldn't recommend calling either. From what I understand, if the address they have on file for you is out of the area, you'll be contacted and your background materials will be mailed to you. I was going to be put on this track, but I'll still be in town Saturday for the orientation so I just told them I could attend. I wouldn't feel slighted. They're trying to accomodate you more than anything else. If you still feel the need to call you could do so to confirm that, but I wouldn't make a habit out of it. JMHO. Congratulations to everyone by the way.

Comment

I just want the process to go as quickly as possible. I don't want to wait another month till the next one.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                Thomas Jefferson

Comment

spoke to the recruitment officer today. she said because i am out of the area i will get a call from my background investigator next week basically telling me everything you guys will hear on saturday. the packet will then be mailed to me and i will be scheduled for a day to meet with my BI.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

spoke to the recruitment officer today. she said because i am out of the area i will get a call from my background investigator next week basically telling me everything you guys will hear on saturday. the packet will then be mailed to me and i will be scheduled for a day to meet with my BI.
                    And you were worried... Congrats and good luck with the background.

Comment

• Not worried. Ok a little worried. But I just want it to go as quickly as possible.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by 08duramax View Post
                        Good deal. Two fundamental truisms applied in your case.
                        1. The only stupid question is the one not asked.
                        2. Nobody else will be look out for your best interests. Look out for yourself if you want to succeed here.

That's why I encouraged you to call to ask about the situation. The info you told me you received from the SO was somewhat unclear as to how things would be handled in your case. You weren't bothering anybody at the SO by calling. It's part of their job, it's what they do in the Background/Recruiting office. There's a difference between your call and someone calling back every week to ask a BI something like "Is it done yet, huh?". Now you can sleep better since you have answers. Answers that you didn't have before you called. You did the right thing (in my opinion).

Comment

• Well, as someone who didn't think you should have called, I'm glad you called the recruitment officer, not the BI. That made sense. Good luck!
                          In backgrounds ...

Comment

• Originally posted by 08duramax View Post
                            Not worried. Ok a little worried. But I just want it to go as quickly as possible.
                            You and me both. Glad you got your answer.

Originally posted by Copp'rPenny View Post
                            Well, as someone who didn't think you should have called, I'm glad you called the recruitment officer, not the BI. That made sense. Good luck!
                            We don't even know who our investigators are yet. The person who I thought was my BI is actually the recruiting officer that duramax spoke to (found that out when I met her on Wednesday). In essence we don't really have anyone to "bother" yet.

Good call 0341. Hadn't really thought it through.

Comment

• Good luck to everyone in their hiring process. I'm testing with SCCSO tomorrow (Written/PAT).

Comment

• Originally posted by Sig4U View Post
                                Good luck to everyone in their hiring process. I'm testing with SCCSO tomorrow (Written/PAT).
                                Good luck, Sig. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12186 users online. 401 members and 11785 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X