300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moving forward

Just got the call from my BI. Preliminary phone interview is scheduled for next week. Anyone else hear back yet?
    Never second guess your own common sense.

Comment

yeah I got the call as well. They are letting me do it over the phone because I live so far away. Mine is scheduled for Mon morning. Good to see the process moving forward.
      If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by 08duramax View Post
        yeah I got the call as well. They are letting me do it over the phone because I live so far away. Mine is scheduled for Mon morning. Good to see the process moving forward.
        For some reason they wanted to do it over the phone even though I'll be in town. Weird. No complaints though. As you said, we're moving forward.

Comment

That's cool. I wonder what the next step will be? I was happy that I didn't have to drive all the way up there again.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
          Thomas Jefferson

Comment

An interview over the phone? Never heard of that one before (from police agencies, anyway). I can understand for people far away but for someone who is in town? Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightBlue View Post
              Just got the call from my BI. Preliminary phone interview is scheduled for next week. Anyone else hear back yet?
              Yes, I received the call as well. In person interview scheduled for early next week.

Comment

Originally posted by 0341 View Post
                Yes, I received the call as well. In person interview scheduled for early next week.
                I'd rather do it in person if the option is there. I called back and left a message clarifying that I will be IN town next week. Maybe it was a misunderstanding. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightBlue View Post
                  I'd rather do it in person if the option is there. I called back and left a message clarifying that I will be IN town next week. Maybe it was a misunderstanding. We'll see what happens.
                  Are you not from the immediate area? Perhaps it was a default response from the SO (out of area candidates are interviewed telephonically by default).

Comment

Originally posted by 0341 View Post
                    Are you not from the immediate area? Perhaps it was a default response from the SO (out of area candidates are interviewed telephonically by default).
                    I'm about 400 miles north (Humboldt County) of the area until May when I graduate college. I'm originally from the east bay.

Comment

It's not an interview. It just going over the preliminary background packet. We filled out before the pt test

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

It's not an interview. It just going over the preliminary background packet. We filled out before the pt test

Oh ok.

Comment

That in itself is a form of interview. While it's not a traditional Oral Board, make no mistake about it...it's an interview.

Here's the selection process steps as outlined by my contact at the SO:

"The PHQ is sent to a company who will make a report for the Sheriff's
                          Office. Once we receive those results (typically 2 weeks later), we call
                          you in for your first interview. If everything goes well in that interview,
                          we invite you to attend the background orientation about a week later. That
                          is when the group of you who are proceeding to the next step will meet the
                          background investigator. The background investigator will give you the
                          Personal History Statement (PHS).

At the end of the orientation, candidates will sign up for your background
                          interview. That is when you will bring the PHS packet back with all of your
                          required documents. If your background interview goes well the next steps
                          are the polygraph, the psych and medical.

The process takes about 3 - 5 months to complete. Everyone's background is
                          different so it is difficult to give an exact time frame. We understand
                          that it is lengthy so we try to speed it up as much as possible."

I wish the background investigation was as simple as it sounds there (especially for people like me who have lived a little and have a lengthy adult history).

Comment

how did eveyones interview go?

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

how did eveyones interview go?
                              I'll have to let you know tomorrow night

Comment

Keep us updated. It's no big deal. Just explaining stuff you marked on your preliminary background questionaire. Don't sweat it

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11425 users online. 441 members and 10984 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X