300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SMR7870 View Post
    Thank you! I'm getting anxious myself. It's coming up fast. How long after your psych oral were you scheduled for medical?
    I got a call to schedule my medical exams less than a week after my written psych.

Comment

• Originally posted by yramirez View Post
      I'm currently going through backgrounds for corrections, as well. Just did my polygraph today.
      Hey, congrats on getting that far. For those of us who haven't yet taken the polygraph can you or others give us a little more information about the process ?Like how long was the polygraph, how many questions? Is it just you and person administering the polygraph? thank you in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gowarriors2016 View Post
        Hey, congrats on getting that far. For those of us who haven't yet taken the polygraph can you or others give us a little more information about the process ?Like how long was the polygraph, how many questions? Is it just you and person administering the polygraph? thank you in advance.
        For the polygraph, expect to be there for 2-3 hours. It will just be you and the polygraph examiner. He will go through similar questions you answered for the PHS in depth. It takes a while because he types out all your answers. The polygraph exam itself is about 20min.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMR7870 View Post
          For the polygraph, expect to be there for 2-3 hours. It will just be you and the polygraph examiner. He will go through similar questions you answered for the PHS in depth. It takes a while because he types out all your answers. The polygraph exam itself is about 20min.
          It's not that bad to be honest. They will give you a bunch of questions that you will have to answer, and then when you meet with the poly examiner, he or she will go over the questions with you. And he or she will let you know what questions they're going to ask you. Just be honest, relax, and breathe and you will be fine

Comment

• Originally posted by Gowarriors2016 View Post
            Thank you!

It was my second time taking a polygraph with the same contractor (I had taken one for another agency and passed in July 2015), so I was a lot less nervous. Like the others have mentioned, expect to be there for quite a while. First time I was there for over 3 hours. The polygrapher will ask you a series of questions that go along with the PHS. As long as you are being 100% honest with every question, you will be fine. The actual hook up to the machine and polygraph is about 20 minutes long - 3 different parts, 4 questions each part. Good luck!

Comment

• It's going to be August, not July. If you get called for the Undersheriff Interview, that means you're hired. It will be with him and 2 Assistant Sheriffs.

Comment

• Anyone here knows how it will work if you apply to both Enforcement and Correction? Will you be given a choice, or is it going to be whatever the department prefer you to be in?

Comment

• Originally posted by yohlin2001 View Post
                  Anyone here knows how it will work if you apply to both Enforcement and Correction? Will you be given a choice, or is it going to be whatever the department prefer you to be in?
                  Whichever exam you get hired from is which assignment you will be training for and working.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teeemothy View Post
                    Whichever exam you get hired from is which assignment you will be training for and working.
                    i have heard that isn't totally accurate. If you apply to enforcement and they (SO Admin) feel you aren't ready for patrol they offer you corrections. You have to remember that it isn't one to one. Enforcement legally covers both patrol and custody while Corrections only covers custody.
                    semper destravit

Comment

• Originally posted by RGDS View Post
                      i have heard that isn't totally accurate. If you apply to enforcement and they (SO Admin) feel you aren't ready for patrol they offer you corrections. You have to remember that it isn't one to one. Enforcement legally covers both patrol and custody while Corrections only covers custody.
                      Thank you RGDS for the input. I am happy with just a foot in the door. I will take whatever they are willing to give me. This is my second time around applying for the same department. There was a huge budget cut back in 2010, so I wasn't selected after passing PAT. Based on prior posts, it looks like they will need a lot more Correction Deputy than Enforcement.

Comment

Thank you RGDS for the input. I am happy with just a foot in the door. I will take whatever they are willing to give me. This is my second time around applying for the same department. There was a huge budget cut back in 2010, so I wasn't selected after passing PAT. Based on prior posts, it looks like they will need a lot more Correction Deputy than Enforcement.
                        No there wasn't. They haven't stopped hiring since 2003. Any "budget issues" you heard about were manufactured.

That's true but you have to remember Enforcement has around 100 (don't quote the exact number) of unfilled Deputy spots. Custody is around 120(?)( again don't quote these numbers but they are close).
                        Last edited by RGDS; 06-25-2016, 01:10 AM. Reason: Edit
                        semper destravit

Comment

• Does any one know when Santa Clara will start contacting people for the July 19 2016 academy for deputy correctional cadets.

Comment

• Originally posted by srt8 View Post
                            Does any one know when Santa Clara will start contacting people for the July 19 2016 academy for deputy correctional cadets.
                            hello srt8, How did you get the academy date of July 19, 2016 for correctional cadets? I was told for correctional it will be in August, and for Enforcement side it will be in September.

Comment

hello srt8, How did you get the academy date of July 19, 2016 for correctional cadets? I was told for correctional it will be in August, and for Enforcement side it will be in September.
                              That's the date listed on their website...

https://www.sccgov.org/sites/gosheriff/Pages/jtc.aspx

Who told you it started in August?

Comment

• Did anyone take a PAT in April? or a Pre-Background Interview this month? Just curious where everyone is at in the process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10661 users online. 414 members and 10247 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X