300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what was your score?
    If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by 08duramax View Post
      what was your score?
      My T-Score on the PELLETB was 69.7.
      Never second guess your own common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Showboat View Post
        Was the word 10 letters or 12 letters and on the first page?
        No, the one that was impossible due to the words following the blanks was question #19 on Test B. It was a five letter word preceded by a comma and followed with the word "is". There was one early in the text that had 12 letters, but I got that one correct.

I didn't take the PELLETB for any particular agency per se. Most agencies require a PELLETB specific T-score prior to application submission. So, I took the test to obtain a score so I can apply to a PD I've been interested in (or other agencies as well). Really hoping for a score over 65. We'll see.

Comment

how was this score different from the one we took at Santa clara? The test I took at CHP had the paragraphs with the words missing

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
          Thomas Jefferson

Comment

how was this score different from the one we took at Santa clara? The test I took at CHP had the paragraphs with the words missing
            Completely different exams. The PELLETB is the CA POST standardized exam. The tests we took for Santa Clara PD and SO are agency specific.

Comment

The test we took for Santa clara sheriff was identical to the test I took for ventura sheriff. Wierd. The test you guys are talking about is like the one I took for the CHP. I got a 63. Everyone else I talked to was in the high 40's low 50's. Oxnard told me my 63 was a great score. Who requires a higher score than that?

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

So will Oxnard accept the T-score from another agency?

Comment

Everyone else I talked to was in the high 40's low 50's. Oxnard told me my 63 was a great score. Who requires a higher score than that?
                  The highest PELLETB T-score minimum I've seen for an agency is 52. Most agencies in NorCal will take 46-48, with some requiring 50. In my opinion, those minimums are pretty low. The PELLETB test is relatively fundamental in scope. Those of us that speak/read/write English as a first language should do much better than the minimum. Reminds me of the minimum ASVAB scores for military enlistment during war time.

Comment

Originally posted by Showboat View Post
                    So will Oxnard accept the T-score from another agency?
                    You'd have to ask them. Some agencies won't accept previous scores while others won't even let you submit an application without a score attached. It depends on the agency.

Comment

I put a call in to them a few days ago and haven't heard back. From the sound of it duramax had, and I was curious if they gave him the answer I'm looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by 0341 View Post
                        The highest PELLETB T-score minimum I've seen for an agency is 52. Most agencies in NorCal will take 46-48, with some requiring 50. In my opinion, those minimums are pretty low. The PELLETB test is relatively fundamental in scope. Those of us that speak/read/write English as a first language should do much better than the minimum. Reminds me of the minimum ASVAB scores for military enlistment during war time.
                        Laguna Beach PD requires a 55. That's the highest I've seen.

You should see what the US Census requires for their tests. Passing is aroud 36 percent!!
                        In backgrounds ...

Comment

Originally posted by Copp'rPenny View Post
                          Laguna Beach PD requires a 55. That's the highest I've seen.

You should see what the US Census requires for their tests. Passing is aroud 36 percent!!
                          On the recruiting sheet the Proctor gave us, it showed Department of Corrections required a T-Score of 35 to be eligible.

Comment

I just got my invite (email) to the SCCSO Written/PAT on 3/21!! Anyone else going?

Comment

Yes Oxnard accepts other departments scores

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Sig4U View Post
                                I just got my invite (email) to the SCCSO Written/PAT on 3/21!! Anyone else going?
                                Not me, I passed the written and PAT on 2/28. Waiting on the phone call (once background questionnaire screening comes back) from the SO telling me to report for an interview. Or...the dreaded letter stating I'm "eligible".

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8096 users online. 376 members and 7720 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X