300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 0341 View Post
    Since they had a test in Jan as well, that would indicate roughly 600 applicants seeking just 25-30 Academy openings on 9/8.
    That's about right. Most departments say they only hire between 1-2 percent of all applicants.
    In backgrounds ...

Comment

Did anybody else get an email saying that they passes the written test? It did not tell me my score but it did say that I passed.

Comment

Originally posted by AHenz View Post
        Did anybody else get an email saying that they passes the written test? It did not tell me my score but it did say that I passed.
        Yes, I received that same e-mail today.

Comment

I got that email as well. Wonder how long till the next step
          If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
          Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by 08duramax View Post
            I got that email as well. Wonder how long till the next step
            I don't know, but I'm glad I'm not driving six hours to get here when the next step comes.

In all seriousness, it really depends on how they handle the hiring process right now. I've read some negative posts in other forums where prior candidates had a really bad experience with this agency when it came to the hiring process follow through. That was back in 2007.

I take things I read on the web with a grain of salt. Who knows what the truth really is? All I know is the SCC SO has been very professional when dealing with me. The Deputies that I know there are very squared away and so far I'm glad I chose to submit my application. I have nothing but good things to say at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by AHenz View Post
              I received that e-mail as well and I believe the Sergeant and Captain said it would be approximately two weeks after being notified that we passed that we would hear anything further. Good luck to everyone.
              Never second guess your own common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightBlue View Post
                I received that e-mail as well and I believe the Sergeant and Captain said it would be approximately two weeks after being notified that we passed that we would hear anything further. Good luck to everyone.
                That's what I recall...two weeks was the mantra.

Taking the PELLETB tomorrow morning. Looks like a completely different animal than the written we just did for the SO.

Comment

That's what I recall...two weeks was the mantra.

Taking the PELLETB tomorrow morning. Looks like a completely different animal than the written we just did for the SO.
                  IMHO, it's much easier. No memorization or anything to simulate things you might do on the job. Just basic spelling, grammar and reasoning. The toughest part for me was the end where you have to figure out the word missing from the sentence.

In all honesty, it seemed to be at around eighth grade level to me. No offense to those that find it more difficult.

Comment

I don't know, but I'm glad I'm not driving six hours to get here when the next step comes.

In all seriousness, it really depends on how they handle the hiring process right now. I've read some negative posts in other forums where prior candidates had a really bad experience with this agency when it came to the hiring process follow through. That was back in 2007.

I take things I read on the web with a grain of salt. Who knows what the truth really is? All I know is the SCC SO has been very professional when dealing with me. The Deputies that I know there are very squared away and so far I'm glad I chose to submit my application. I have nothing but good things to say at this point.

in the future i will be flying up there. only reason i drove was because i didnt know i was going until two days before. i drive a big truck with big expensive tires so flying will probably be cheaper.

i was very impressed with all of the deputies i met at the tests. i also have a friend who is a deputy there and is very squared away and has nothing but good remarks about the department.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by 08duramax View Post
                      in the future i will be flying up there. only reason i drove was because i didnt know i was going until two days before. i drive a big truck with big expensive tires so flying will probably be cheaper.

i was very impressed with all of the deputies i met at the tests. i also have a friend who is a deputy there and is very squared away and has nothing but good remarks about the department.
                      I too was impressed by the department and those associated with it. Looks like it's going to be a hard fought battle for those 25 or so academy slots. Hopefully we'll be among those selected and I can see you all in September...

Comment

I'm hoping to get into the September academy, too. *crosses his fingers*

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightBlue View Post
                          In all honesty, it seemed to be at around eighth grade level to me. No offense to those that find it more difficult.
                          There were 40 Cloze questions on the 105 question PELLETB today. I only missed one CLOZE question in all. I'm not sure how that particular question could have been completed since the words immediately following the blanks seemed to be grammatically incorrect (in context). I must have spent 15 minutes looking at that one CLOZE blank slot! No matter how I crafted it, the grammar of the sentence was just plain incorrect. The CLOZE topic was the inception of the police force as created by the British. No Mark Twain quotes in the test. I'm happy with how well I think I did. T-score in two weeks and I'll know for sure if it was a non-issue or I'm too overconfident. The PAT was about as easy as it can possibly be.

One of the candidates from last week's Sheriff's test was at the PELLETB with me today. First name begins with M. Are you in this thread?

Comment

Was the word 10 letters or 12 letters and on the first page?

Comment

what department was this for?

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

There were 40 Cloze questions on the 105 question PELLETB today. I only missed one CLOZE question in all. I'm not sure how that particular question could have been completed since the words immediately following the blanks seemed to be grammatically incorrect (in context). I must have spent 15 minutes looking at that one CLOZE blank slot! No matter how I crafted it, the grammar of the sentence was just plain incorrect. The CLOZE topic was the inception of the police force as created by the British. No Mark Twain quotes in the test. I'm happy with how well I think I did. T-score in two weeks and I'll know for sure if it was a non-issue or I'm too overconfident. The PAT was about as easy as it can possibly be.

One of the candidates from last week's Sheriff's test was at the PELLETB with me today. First name begins with M. Are you in this thread?
                                The CLOZE was my biggest issue as well. I had the same problem. ONE word towards the end...nothing that I could think of fit. In the end I just put a random letter per the suggestion of the proctor. Got a pretty high T-score though, so I guess it didn't hurt me too badly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11419 users online. 397 members and 11022 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X