Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

santa clara sheriff's office hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by diamnd15 View Post
    can we expect to be there all day about?
    When I took it, I believe the physical was from 8 or so until 11. The written was from 1 too about 330 and the last portion went until 430 or so, so if it is the same test, yeah you'll be there all day.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by MurQuiGra View Post
      If they do it how they did it a couple months back, after the PT test you get abreak for a couple of hours to go eat then come back for the written, then another break before you take anothr portion of the written.
      So, there are TWO written exams then? I thought there was only one written exam. Please clarify. Also, what was the type of test material (memory & observation/situational judgment & analysis/spelling/grammar, report writing & reading)? Any math thrown in there?

      I'm taking the test tomorrow, as are two others in this thread. Any information would be appreciated (before tomorrow). Thank you.

      Comment


      • #18
        The second part is a preliminary background jobber. The email said we will be there till 5:30.
        If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

        "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
        Thomas Jefferson

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by 08duramax View Post
          The second part is a preliminary background jobber. The email said we will be there till 5:30.
          Roger that.

          Comment


          • #20
            See everyone bright and early tomorrow!
            Never second guess your own common sense.

            Comment


            • #21
              Good luck to everyone taking the tests!

              Comment


              • #22
                This looks like a great place to work. Are they hirng many people? Im thinking of putting a app. in. What would you guys say? My active applications include Richmond PD and LAPD. The rest are hiring frozen. Im seriously thinking of applying to Dallas and or Houston PD very soon if things dont start speeding up in California. They are one of the few states with a balanced budget and are seriously hiring people.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Ninja1234 View Post
                  This looks like a great place to work. Are they hirng many people? Im thinking of putting a app. in. What would you guys say? My active applications include Richmond PD and LAPD. The rest are hiring frozen. Im seriously thinking of applying to Dallas and or Houston PD very soon if things dont start speeding up in California. They are one of the few states with a balanced budget and are seriously hiring people.
                  If you have the mobility, I say go where you can get in. JMHO.
                  Never second guess your own common sense.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    So...who's who? If you were at the test today, what was your runner number? I'm trying to place some faces. I was 207.
                    Never second guess your own common sense.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by MidnightBlue View Post
                      If you have the mobility, I say go where you can get in. JMHO.
                      Thats a great point. I was progressing very well with Monterey County S.O. and then they got bombed with a hiring freeze. It would be great to have another quality option like S.C. S.O.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        i think i was 265. i was in the group that took the pt test first. i was wearing a white under armor sweatshirt, grey texas a and m t shirt and drove the blue lifted chevy truck.

                        who were you?
                        If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

                        "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                        Thomas Jefferson

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by 08duramax View Post
                          i think i was 265. i was in the group that took the pt test first. i was wearing a white under armor sweatshirt, grey texas a and m t shirt and drove the blue lifted chevy truck.

                          who were you?
                          Grey Humboldt State hoodie. Took it off before the test. Black Livestrong shirt underneath. I took the written first though, so we probably didn't run into each other. How do you think you did?
                          Never second guess your own common sense.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            About how many people showed up to the test?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              About 150 came to the test.

                              I think I did alright. The pt was easy. I took the same exact written three weeks ago and passed so hopefully I passed again.

                              Sorry man don't remember you. How do you think you did?
                              If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

                              "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                              Thomas Jefferson

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I think I did fine as well. I know I passed the PT portion and the written exam was almost identical to the Santa Clara PD test I passed a while ago, so I'm not too worried about that. We'll just have to see where it goes...hopefully we'll both be in that academy in September.
                                Never second guess your own common sense.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9291 users online. 460 members and 8831 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X