Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

santa clara sheriff's office hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Post has been edited.
    Last edited by MarioS; 02-18-2011, 05:49 AM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MarioS View Post
      Slightly off-topic but, what are you guys doing in terms of work while going through the hiring process with all these agencies? The recruiting Sgt. at my agency of choice said that I should probably get a job while in the wait time...but it seems like interviews and tests are spread out everywhere and I'd be missing work somewhat frequently. But it'd most likely be part-time/temporary work anyway.
      I've been working part-time at a department store since October 2007. It's keeping me busy (even at part-time & minimum wage) until I can get hired.

      Comment


      • She said they would call in a week or two so I will just wait. I hate being that person who calls all the time. This forum makes it worse. Always reading what happens with everyone else makes you ancey
        If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

        "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
        Thomas Jefferson

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MarioS View Post
          Slightly off-topic but, what are you guys doing in terms of work while going through the hiring process with all these agencies? The recruiting Sgt. at my agency of choice said that I should probably get a job while in the wait time...but it seems like interviews and tests are spread out everywhere and I'd be missing work somewhat frequently. But it'd most likely be part-time/temporary work anyway.
          Any job where you have contact with people is good. Jobs where you can show problem solving skills are even better. I've been working for the University Police as a Parking Officer for almost three years. After graduation I'm going to try to find something similar if I still don't know where I stand in the hiring process. The biggest problem you'll probably run into is finding an employer that will hire you knowing that you don't intend to stay long. You may end up in a job field that has an relatively high turnover rate as a result (retail, fast food, etc.). Nothing wrong with those jobs, but depending on the person the desirability factor may not be very high. Just keep your eyes on the end of the tunnel. Hope this helps. Happy hunting.
          Never second guess your own common sense.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by 08duramax View Post
            She said they would call in a week or two so I will just wait. I hate being that person who calls all the time. This forum makes it worse. Always reading what happens with everyone else makes you ancey
            +1.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by 08duramax View Post
              She said they would call in a week or two so I will just wait. I hate being that person who calls all the time. This forum makes it worse. Always reading what happens with everyone else makes you ancey
              I just got a letter today saying that my background has been put on hold. Remember, no news is good news.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Vigilis View Post
                I just got a letter today saying that my background has been put on hold. Remember, no news is good news.

                This is from Santa clara county? I thought they just said on saturday they were hiring over 30 new people. This sucks.
                If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

                "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                Thomas Jefferson

                Comment


                • Originally posted by 08duramax View Post
                  This is from Santa clara county? I thought they just said on saturday they were hiring over 30 new people. This sucks.
                  It does suck, but I'm not out of the process yet. We'll see how things go, and I can always try again.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Vigilis View Post
                    It does suck, but I'm not out of the process yet. We'll see how things go, and I can always try again.
                    Hmm...I wonder what this means for the rest of us...
                    Never second guess your own common sense.

                    Comment


                    • With so many people competing for these few spots, they're probably struggling to get enough Background Investigators to handle all the backgrounds. Some of us may get put on hold for a bit while they free up background investigators.

                      Comment


                      • Did they say why it was put on hold? Was it all backgrounds or just yours?
                        If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

                        "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                        Thomas Jefferson

                        Comment


                        • The Santa Clara Sheriff's Office reserves the privilage[sic] of seeking candidates who best fit the needs of the department. As such, each candidate may proceed through the testing process at a different rate.
                          Translation: I've been deprioritized in favor of other candidates.

                          Comment


                          • i guess that is better than them stringing you along then not selecting you
                            If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

                            "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                            Thomas Jefferson

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Vigilis View Post
                              Translation: I've been deprioritized in favor of other candidates.
                              I'm sure most of us will get the same treatment. There are only so many "A" candidates, and they'll go after those people first. That doesn't mean the "B" candidates are out...but when resources are slim the "A" cases are definitely a priority. You may even be an "A" candidate, but if you're the tenth one out of your group and you have a large packet to verify...

                              Good luck in your BI and keep us posted. I'll be sweating it out with you when they start my BI.

                              Comment


                              • I got bad news, I have also received a letter stating that my background has been placed on hold..

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11939 users online. 455 members and 11484 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X