Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I showed up with shorts and a hoodie......boy did I pay for it! It was COLD out there! Not just in the morning, but throughout the day. When lunch time came around I almost ran to my car so I could jump in and get warmed up.

Right at 3pm when they excused us it started POURING.

Comment

• it almost rained on us as well. it was cold the whole time also. good times. it sucked having to stand in the cold, then having to run after i was all cold and tight
      If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by MidnightBlue View Post
        San Jose PD does include a 1.5 mile run in their PAT though, which you have 14:30 to complete.
        SJPD PAT usually is 14:00 for 1.5 miles. But during the academy they would like you to be able do the 1.5 miles in 12 minutes or less.

Comment

• Post has been edited.
          Last edited by MarioS; 02-18-2011, 05:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 7PointStar View Post
            SJPD PAT usually is 14:00 for 1.5 miles. But during the academy they would like you to be able do the 1.5 miles in 12 minutes or less.
            My mistake. You're absolutely right. Not sure why I added 30 seconds to it.
            Never second guess your own common sense.

Comment

• Looks like my gut feeling was right. I was just notified I didn't pass the written test. I'm trying to find out if I can re-apply before the next cut off or if there is a waiting period. Now that I have a feel for what's on the exam, I think I do a heck of a lot better.

EDIT: Got a reply back. I'm eligible to re-apply for the next process; cut off is this friday. I just submitted my application again. Time for round two on April 18th!
              Last edited by Sig4U; 03-24-2009, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sig4U View Post
                Looks like my gut feeling was right. I was just notified I didn't pass the written test. I'm trying to find out if I can re-apply before the next cut off or if there is a waiting period. Now that I have a feel for what's on the exam, I think I do a heck of a lot better.

EDIT: Got a reply back. I'm eligible to re-apply for the next process; cut off is this friday. I just submitted my application again. Time for round two on April 18th!
                Sorry to hear that you didn't pass. Keep at it. Show them that you really want it. It can only make you look good. Best of luck to you and keep us posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by MidnightBlue View Post
                  Sorry to hear that you didn't pass. Keep at it. Show them that you really want it. It can only make you look good. Best of luck to you and keep us posted.
                  Thanks. I'll keep everyone updated.

Comment

• Good luck on round 2. Don't worry I know tons of people that had to apply numerous times to their choice department before getting hired.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by Copp'rPenny View Post
                      My running coach would say that problems with the knees may actually be a problem with the hips, back or IT band.
                      Quite possibly. For me, any knee pain I've had is related to a severe ankle break some 21 months ago. The knee on that leg took a long time to recover due to muscles not being used like a normal person would. The calf muscle took a while to come back too, but as of now I'm 100% so no excuses from me. I just carry around a plate and seven screws as a little reminder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sig4U View Post
                        Looks like my gut feeling was right. I was just notified I didn't pass the written test. I'm trying to find out if I can re-apply before the next cut off or if there is a waiting period. Now that I have a feel for what's on the exam, I think I do a heck of a lot better.

OK Sig, listen up. You need some extra help. Check your PM.

Comment

• Response edited
                          Last edited by OPD510; 03-20-2014, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OPD510 View Post
                            Not to hijack this thread but how's the SJPD academy going? Understand about 48 started in January - any attrition? We lost over 40% in my OPD class a year ago.

Back to the Santa Clara crowd - is the Dept of Corrections separate from the Sheriff's Office and do they run a different application process? Had a group this weekend at Southbay Regional doing the PAT/WSTB along with us San Jose PD applicants.

DoC is separate from the SO. They run different applications process and are run by a different chain of command. There are a few SO sergeants that work in the Jails and supervise DOC officers, but that's the extent of inter department mingling.

Comment

• For those of you that went to the orientation on Saturday what is your next step and do you already have a date scheduled for it. I still haven't gotten my call. I am waiting very impatiently.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by 08duramax View Post
                                For those of you that went to the orientation on Saturday what is your next step and do you already have a date scheduled for it. I still haven't gotten my call. I am waiting very impatiently.
                                We scheduled our background interviews at the orientation, but they're still about three weeks away. You could always call recruiting and ask what's up.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5272 users online. 200 members and 5072 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X