300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• santa clara sheriff's office hiring process

hey everyone, I am going through the hiring process for the santa clara county sheriff's office. I passed the written and physical agility exam, and I just completed my background interview. I was wondering what is going to happen next, backgrounds investigation? or will they send me to do my polygraph test. If there is anyone out there that knows thes routine, please provide some insight, thanks for reading!!

Why didn't you ask in your background interview?

Comment

I should but it slipped my mind, we got carried away with our conversation..

Comment

backgrounds, polygraph, then possibly an interview with the under sheriff or a commander. Job offer. 6 month academy in Morgan Hill. 8-14 months (maybe more) in Courts then Field Training.

Comment

What was the turn around from the time you turned in your application to the time you were contacted? I've been waiting for a bit and I have some other fish on the line, so to speak...SCSO really interests me though. Seems like a really good agency.
          Never second guess your own common sense.

Comment

If I can remember right, I think it was about a month after i turned in my application is when I recieved my invitation to the written and [hysical agility test. You might want to call the Santa Clara County Human Resources department to check on your application status.

Comment

They do the physical test every other Saturday, with a few Saturday's off.

Comment

Originally posted by sotzo View Post
                They do the physical test every other Saturday, with a few Saturday's off.
                It's once a month on a Sat.

Also,

I agree with IronBruin. You have to ask these questions. *HINT* Attention to detail is going to be extremely important in this process with SCCSO. Especially in the backgrounds process. One slip up and they're going to DQ you.

Comment

i submitted my application at the end of december or begining of janurary and havent heard anything yet?
                  If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                  Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Finally heard back. Written and PAT next Saturday. No luck duramax? I got my notification via email on Tuesday. My app was submitted 1/16/09. Could you have missed it or maybe it ended up in your Spam folder?
                    Never second guess your own common sense.

Comment

The next application deadline is Feb 27th. I'm turning my app in by hand on Wednesday (had an issue with the online app). I imagine the people who apply by the 27th will be getting invites to an end-of-March Written/PAT. Seems like a pattern.

Comment

Going to the test sat 2/28. Anyone know what the pt test is like?
                        If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by 08duramax View Post
                          I'm pretty sure it's the usual....6ft wood fence, 6ft chain-link fence, dummy drag, obstacle course, a run (not sure how long), but don't quote me on that. I thought it said somewhere on their website but when I just checked again I couldn't find it.

My app went in on Tuesday (finally got the online app to work for me) so I'm anxious to hear back from them.

Good luck to you!

Comment

Originally posted by 08duramax View Post
                            The PT test is very simple, laid back. They split you up into three groups and take you to teach station, when everyone in all groups are finished you rotate. It is the dummy drag, 6 foot wall, and a 99 yard obstacle course. Once you complete everything you do the 500 yard run, not too bad. The deputies there are very nice and respectful, they sit out there and kid around with you, but don't get it twisted, they want you to try your hardest. They recognized who does very well in the PT test. If they do it how they did it a couple months back, after the PT test you get abreak for a couple of hours to go eat then come back for the written, then another break before you take anothr portion of the written. As I was taking a nap in a waiting room in between written test the LT approached me and told me congrats on scoring so high on the PT test. I'm bird walking, but to sum up the answer the agility test is very typical and very laid back.

Comment

can we expect to be there all day about?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13367 users online. 474 members and 12893 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X