RSO January Academy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSO January Academy

Does anyone know if there are any slots left?

RSO

Written 7/16
    PAT 7/27
    Background Interview 10/21
    Poly (passed) 11/21

I heard the Chief signed of on the packets yesterday. Only suppost to be 50-60 recruits for next academy and it has been pushed back to first week of Feb.

Comment

Academy

My B.I. talked to me on monday and told me the same thing. My packet was signed off and there trying to get an academy going in January. I was told January 26 or 27th, maybe. Wish us all luck......
      "See you on the high ground"

Comment

Originally posted by Bosss Hog View Post
        I heard the Chief signed of on the packets yesterday. Only suppost to be 50-60 recruits for next academy and it has been pushed back to first week of Feb.
        As in the Jan 27th date is no longer going to happen?

Comment

academy date

As in, I was told again, that the January 26 or 27th are the dates being juggled with and "could" happen. But, I was also told there having a meeting next week to decide.
          "See you on the high ground"

Comment

Rso

Other than the brass, which you will never see on this website posting, you are not going to find a answer to the question that you pose other than guesses. With that said, if you have been told you are attending the academy, who cares when, for you have been gaurenteed a job, right? not to be harsh, but be patient. Times are different now than they were when I went thru just 5 1/2 months ago. Infact they have changed dramitically! They were telling us they were going to have four academy classes at the same time. Now they are hoping to have one after the other. Be patient.

Comment

Davjon, I completely agree with your post excecpt for the patience part. Unlike you, by the way congratulations on the completion of the academy, we are the ones going thru the dramatic times and playing the waiting game. Patience is easier said then done. That is why we are on here posting messages back and forth, trying to get views on what everyoneone else thinks. I think we all know that what everyone on here post's is here say. I am just posting what I was told by my B.I. He told me that the chief signed off on my packet and I will be in the next academy whenever that may be??? He also said it would be a small academy, maybe 50-60 recruits. I took a huge gamble as I quit my job. (Let the lashing begin on how stupid I am, LOL) I quit my job for my own personnal resons and do not hold my B.I. accountable for my actions by what he told me. If I don't get in the next academy then that was a chance I took. For the record I do 100% agree with the patience part, we just need a place to vent our frustrations with these historical times. Try to remember how anxious you were before you got the welcoming call!!! We are all just excited to get started on our new career path.

Comment

RSO Jan Academy

We were told today that the Jan academy is a go with about 40 students. After that we don't know when the next academy will start. The staff at BCTC is being reduced drastically. I hope you have applied at other agencies.

DAVJON - you have less than a year on and weren't impressive when you were here at the academy. Your tact and telling people to be patient is irritating. You are spouting rumors and every time you get on the forum your former instructors get a good laugh. Remember, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

Comment

My B.I. contacted me today and told me the samething that donutpiggy said. Jan. 27th is a go and there is only 35-40 recruits on the list. Very small academy. Looking forward to the extra attention I will surely recieve with such a small class, LOL. I made the cut and that is all that matters thank god!!! Time to step the training up a notch. Chucky hopefully your one of the lucky ones too. Keep me posted. Still a little nervous as anything can happen?

Comment

Originally posted by donutpiggy View Post
                    DAVJON - you have less than a year on and weren't impressive when you were here at the academy. Your tact and telling people to be patient is irritating. You are spouting rumors and every time you get on the forum your former instructors get a good laugh. Remember, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

I thought I was the only one who noticed this.......

Good luck to those starting this next class.
                    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
                    --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

That is great bosss hog! I wish I was so lucky. I would just like to know where the whole R.S.O. budget stands and how many recruits/academy dates the will be having for this year. I too, have began to slack a little on the P.T. (at least the running part) because I have no idea what is going on anymore. My only beef is I have been in the process since July and it would be hard to start all over again!

Comment

you must not want it that bad. I was in the process for a year before i finally got into an academy. I was bumped from 2 different academy classes. If you want the career, you can't give up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by buffb27 View Post
                          I too, have began to slack a little on the P.T. (at least the running part) because I have no idea what is going on anymore. My only beef is I have been in the process since July and it would be hard to start all over again!
                          you must not want it that bad. I was in the process for a year before i finally got into an academy. I was bumped from 2 different academy classes. If you want the career, you can't give up on it.

Comment

Somebody got chickity-checked!

Comment

Here is an article that I just read regarding hiring freezes for Riverside County...

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/s...b7501.html?npc

All things are possible and that is why one should never give up or give in.(Or Slack off) For those of us trying to become law enforcement, we need to be 100% ready to jump into the next academy if we get that call.
                              ____________ _____________
                              "Those Who Stand For Nothing, Fall For Anything" - Alexander Hamilton

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8202 users online. 293 members and 7909 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X