Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDPD Officer White to stand trial...

post deleted
    Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 07:24 PM.

silva is no saint, but after having seen the surveillance video, it is clear as day. the self defense claim is questionable. i believe it will be viewed during open trial.
    Last edited by e30sd; 11-06-2008, 10:57 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

I stated earlier when the incident happened that he would probably be fired for this, he actions we way out of line and obviously the DA thought so too. The DA's office must really believe this guy was in the wrong to be prosecuting him and DA's hate prosecuting police officers.

Comment

Originally posted by ownerop View Post
        I stated earlier when the incident happened that he would probably be fired for this, he actions we way out of line and obviously the DA thought so too. The DA's office must really believe this guy was in the wrong to be prosecuting him and DA's hate prosecuting police officers.
        So you don't think he was in fear for his life?

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyjr View Post
          So you don't think he was in fear for his life?
          I think it's questionable, but more importantly how he handled the entire incident questions his maturity level. I was not there, but I know DA's don't like prosecuting cops; they are on the same side. The video obviously show a more unbiased account of what happened and that is why he is being prosecuting for a felony, but I think he will probably be aquitted but fired from the dept.
          Last edited by ownerop; 11-07-2008, 12:01 AM.

Comment

I think it's questionable, but more importantly how he handled the entire incident questions his maturity level. I was not there, but I know DA's don't like prosecuting cops; they are on the same side. The video obviously show a more unbiased account of what happened and that is why he is being prosecuting for a felony, but I think he will probably be aquitted but fired from the dept.
            He has already lost his job. Without getting into details and whatnot I will say that I have a friend that worked with him not just within SDPD but at the same substation.

Comment

Originally posted by e30sd View Post
              silva is no saint, but after having seen the surveillance video, it is clear as day. the self defense claim is questionable. i believe it will be viewed during open trial.
              By all means, please share the link of the video in question so it can be evaluated by others.

Comment

I think it's questionable, but more importantly how he handled the entire incident questions his maturity level.
                His maturity level? The question of him being in fear for his life (and his wife's) is basically the whole case. I think it's pretty clear he was. Maybe that was a bad call, but we don't put people in prison for bad calls. Especially when its a split second life or death situation. Silva put herself in this situation and then dragged White into it.

This would never have been prosecuted if he wasn't a cop. The DA doesn't give a crap about us, it's all politics. The media hammered this case and the DA couldn't politically let it go.

They then worked with the CA AG office to make sure their case against Silva didn't hurt the White case. There has been a lot of back room deals going to screw White, just to show politically the DA can go against cops too. The DA took a lot of heat for not going after Mansker in the Charger shooting in Poway. (Which looked much worse IMHO).

And he has not been fired.
                Last edited by nobodyjr; 11-07-2008, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyjr View Post

This would never have been prosecuted if he wasn't a cop. The DA doesn't give a crap about us, it's all politics. The media hammered this case and the DA couldn't politically let it go.

X2

Anyone who thinks the DA wasnt influenced by political reasons in this case has their head in the sand.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz View Post
                    X2

Anyone who thinks the DA wasnt influenced by political reasons in this case has their head in the sand.
                    I disagree, DA's don't usually work that way and especially in this case, the Oceanside PD presented the case to the DA because they felt the case had merit. The woman who was shot was a dirtbag and nobody is taking her side but her family. His actions, not the shooting but the actions he took which led up to the shooting shows his maturity level. I would have never taken my wife to follow anyone, he was not hit he swerved out of the way, he should have let local LE take over. I personally know an officer who little daughter was killed because he got involved off duty in a shooting with a robbery suspect; it's not worth it, he did not have resources to handle the situation if and when the SHTF.

Comment

I disagree, DA's don't usually work that way and especially in this case, the Oceanside PD presented the case to the DA because they felt the case had merit. The woman who was shot was a dirtbag and nobody is taking her side but her family. His actions, not the shooting but the actions he took which led up to the shooting shows his maturity level. I would have never taken my wife to follow anyone,

he didnt....he continued on to his destination while Silva followed HIM tailgating and revving her engine.

he was not hit he swerved out of the way,

the first time she almost hit him he moved out of the way...she then followed him to a parking lot and DID hit his car the SECOND time.

he should have let local LE take over.

His wife dispatcher called 911....... the locals were not there when she hit his car even after she knew he was an officer.

I personally know an officer who little daughter was killed because he got involved off duty in a shooting with a robbery suspect; it's not worth it, he did not have resources to handle the situation if and when the SHTF.
                      I think you are confused as to what actually happened. He did not try to apprehend her or even try to follow her. She almost hit him cutting into traffic probably because she was drunk again....he drove away while she pursued him. Here is the info released by OPD in a previous article

This is what the statement, based on a “preliminary investigation,” says happened:

White, 28, was driving with his wife south on Old Grove Road about 9:15 p.m. Silva, whose son was in the front passenger seat, was leaving a Shell gas station onto Old Grove at the same time.

An independent witness said that Silva's car nearly ran into White's, and he swerved to avoid an accident. White continued along Old Grove Road and pulled into the Lowe's parking lot.

Another witness said Silva was “tailgating White's car, revving the engine, and yelling and screaming as she followed” White's black Mercury sedan into the parking lot.

White's wife called 911 “to report an aggressive driver.” White stopped his car, and Silva pulled her Honda to the left side of his car.

White displayed a handgun, and then backed away from Silva's car and stopped.

Silva called 911 and reported that there was a man with a gun. She then “reversed her vehicle in the direction of the Whites' car, sideswiping it.” White then fired five rounds into Silva's Honda.

The statement described the front passenger window of Silva's car as “closed” and “darkly tinted.”

Aaron Mansker was off duty and followed a suspect for many miles. A confrontation ensued and Mansker shot the suspect for reaching for what he thought was a weapon. The DA filed no charges against him....and the public screamed bloody murder. In this case the off duty officer was the one who was followed by a yelling screaming maniac who was drunk and drove into his car......... yet now the DA files charges. The DA's office is incredibly political......and doesnt want more public criticism.
                      Last edited by Fuzz; 11-07-2008, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Is the idea of shooting the tires unreasonable?

Comment

I disagree, DA's don't usually work that way and especially in this case, the Oceanside PD presented the case to the DA because they felt the case had merit. The woman who was shot was a dirtbag and nobody is taking her side but her family. His actions, not the shooting but the actions he took which led up to the shooting shows his maturity level. I would have never taken my wife to follow anyone, he was not hit he swerved out of the way, he should have let local LE take over. I personally know an officer who little daughter was killed because he got involved off duty in a shooting with a robbery suspect; it's not worth it, he did not have resources to handle the situation if and when the SHTF.
                          Fuzz did a good job with the end of your statement, I'll adress the beginning. Yes, the DA is a political office and she does work that way when the pressure is great enough. As stated above, she took a lot of heat for previous cases and is using this incident to prove she would prosecute a cop.

The Oceanside PD was in a bad position and were also under pressure to not look as though they were covering anything up. They collected the facts and submitted them to the DA for her to make a decision whether or not to indict.

Frank feared for his life from a continued threat that followed him with agression. Silva is no victim.

JSL0506: Shooting the tires is not reasonable or realistic.
                          Last edited by xdrcx; 11-07-2008, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JSL0506 View Post
                            Yes

Comment

Originally posted by JSL0506 View Post
                              EXTREMELY.......

You dont fire a weapon in a CROWDED URBAN environment unless you are justified in using deadly force.....and only then at the suspect(s) that you are in fear of......
                              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6182 users online. 304 members and 5878 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X