Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just wanted to post this, i couldn't believe it..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just wanted to post this, i couldn't believe it..

Yesterday i was given the Mayor's award by the LA Sheriff Department and the Mayor of Lakewood during their yearly Award of Valor for Firefighters and Police officers.. i also received stuff from our State Senator, and from our US House of Representative person... TOTAL COOL.. this is going to look great on my resume i hope ...

i was able to stop a house burglary a block away from my house and i attempted to chase down the two suspects. i was able to get the full tag of their vehicle and all three (the third was the driver) were arrested shortly afterwards..

LA fire Chief (took it for my dad who was a Chief for Baltimore County MD for 27 years)

Second in line with LA Sheriff (Lee Boca was called away)

I had to stand there while the whole story was told and then i had to talk at the end :shock: .. it wasn't fun to talk in front of 200+ people..

Congratulations buddy! Yes this honor will definitely look good on your resume. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Nice! Congrats bro.

Comment

Great work. Not only do you have this commendation on your record, you can definitely add public speaking to that list!

Comment

Amazing what can happen by just doing your job!

Comment

Originally posted by syphon157 View Post
            Amazing what can happen by just doing your job!
            i am not a Police Officer... just a concern citizen of Long Beach / Lakewood..

i am in the hiring process for US Customs and for Long Beach PD..

Comment

Awesome job dude keep that same mindset wherever you go.
              I'm 4 and 6

Comment

Originally posted by nordy racer View Post

Nice job!

You're not a police officer? Didnt you get the Award of Valor FOR Firefighters and Police officers.

haha. Maybe they should think about renaming the award!!!!

Comment

Good Job - Forget about all the awards when you get hired it will just be another day at work. Great Job I wish more people would get involved BUT they don't do to the high risk of getting hurt/killed.
                  sigpicTrain Hard!!! Fight Smart

Comment

Originally posted by nordy racer View Post

Oh, well congrats! I think you will have no problem getting hired now!

Comment

Good job Nordy, but for the record Asst. Sheriff Cavanaugh is about number 4 in the pecking order the #2 man is Undersheriff Waldie. The other Asst. Sheriff is Paul Tanaka (rumored to be the heir apparent) who has more time in rank than Cavanaugh.
                      Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Pie and salad at the same time? What kind of wacked event was this? How about a main course? I know budget cuts.

Oh and your girlfiend is kind of a hottie...keep up the heroics so we can get more pics of her. And whats with posting the pic of the fire guy? I know you took it for dad, but he is not here is he? Dump the fire guy add one more pic of your girlfriend and Ill say something nice about your award.
                        Last edited by Garbage Man; 10-24-2008, 01:42 AM.
                        Originally posted by FJDave
                        GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
                        "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Man View Post
                          Pie and salad at the same time? What kind of wacked event was this? How about a main course? I know budget cuts.

Oh and your girlfiend is kind of a hottie...keep up the heroics so we can get more pics of her. And whats with posting the pic of the fire guy? I know you took it for dad, but he is not here is he? Dump the fire guy add one more pic of your girlfriend and Ill say something nice about your award.
                          lol, nice

Comment

Take her to B2V or a departmental event and see how many business cards she leaves with... Good job and congrats!
                            The Thousandth Man

Comment

Originally posted by AWarr View Post
                              Nice job!

You're not a police officer? Didnt you get the Award of Valor FOR Firefighters and Police officers.

haha. Maybe they should think about renaming the award!!!!

i stated in the first line that it was the Mayor's Award... it was given to me DURING the Award of Valor event...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13665 users online. 429 members and 13236 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X