X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Patrol Units........

This is a officer safety issue here.

Check out this website: http://www.opencarry.org

I think gun owners are pushing the limits with the second amendment right. Granted, I love the second amendment right, but I don't agree with this open carry crap people are craving about.

I don't know about you, but I'm proning people out who walk around with a gun in a hoslter without displaying a law enforcement patch. All it takes is for one of these people who chose to carry openly to reach in anyway towards their weapon and the rest is history.

This open carry is not against the law. How do you feel about this new thread that gun lovers are passing along across the county?
    I have the Iron fist with a silk glove. Don’t show all your playing cards; give them just enough to get by on and you will win.

I'm a firm believer in an arm society being a polite society. Open carry and shall-issue CCW policies work in many states, and would have no problem seeing it here in CA if it were administered properly.
    Last edited by i8547; 09-18-2008, 10:37 PM. Reason: changed "my" to "many"
    Stay Safe,
    - J.R.
    ----------------
    HONOR FIRST
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted men long enough and liked it, never really care for hunting anything else thereafter." - Ernest Hemmingway

Comment

Actually, open carry IS ILLEGAL in most areas of CA.....under various local ordinances, ect.....

also, carrying a LOADED weapon in public is illegal as well.........

As you stated, anyone observed with a firearm in public is going to get proned out,,,,,THEN we will figure out if they have more 'esplaining' to do

I am all for regular citizens being able to CCW.....OC is just asking for trouble.....
      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
        Actually, open carry IS ILLEGAL in most areas of CA.....under various local ordinances, ect.....
        Weve been though this topic before. There no local ordinances against open unloaded carry that anyone can produce. They would trump state law. They don't exist. Sacramento PD has a good training memo out there about this. As long as its not loaded and exposed it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyjr View Post
          Weve been though this topic before. There no local ordinances against open unloaded carry that anyone can produce. They would trump state law. They don't exist. Sacramento PD has a good training memo out there about this. As long as its not loaded and exposed it's legal.
          City of West Hollywood has one.....I will have to go to the station to get access to the city ordinance book.....so does LA County.....

remember....its LA.....not exactly the most gun friendly area in the country.....they are rather proud of the fact that they have run out all but a handful of the licensed gun dealers in the city....so has WHD......

trust me.....they WILL find something to book them for.....even if its just 415 PC.....

As I said, I am all for CCW and LOTS of private ownership of weapons....but I have ZERO use for these knuckleheads.........the OC folks are doing nothing but hurting the legal gun owners here in CA.......

If this gets 'popular' it will be less than 6 months before one of them gets blown up for not complying quickly enough when contacted.......and it will be articulated that they started to reach ANYWHERE near the weapon.....
          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

They are supposed to attempt to try this "open carry" in a County park, more notably Whittier Narrows Park, this Saturday. There is a County ordinance against any weapons in a County park, including unloaded guns. If the decide to try this, as stated, they WILL be proned, cuffed, stuffed and booked. The guns will be taken as evidence and booked as well. They can try to sue, but they will not get very far.

I wonder if any of those guys has an active restraining order against them.....

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
              If this gets 'popular' it will be less than 6 months before one of them gets blown up for not complying quickly enough when contacted.......and it will be articulated that they started to reach ANYWHERE near the weapon.....
              Not to mention if one of these guys carries their "unloaded gun" into an area where someone will take it from them and clobber them with it (like Century/CPT areas), they will look REALLY stupid!!

Comment

(As you stated, anyone observed with a firearm in public is going to get proned out)

YMMV. The above is not the case in my area.

Open loaded carry is legal in about half of our (unincorporated area) county...the same portion which is a legal shooting area.

Comment

My question is why would you want to openly carry a firearm so any and everyone can see it, WITH NO BULLETS IN IT? You are just asking to be shot PERIOD
                  I'm 4 and 6

Comment

^ Because people want to be like us? *shrug*

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't want to open carry (now as a civillian or even in the future when I'm off duty) because then that defeats the element of surprise. You are compromising yourself when you advertise to the world, "hey, I'm packin' heat." If something bad happened, or if something was going to happen, you would be the first target. If you are concealing, then you have the power to control when, where, and how to expose yourself. There could be multiple situations that it would be unwise to even draw a weapon.

Bottom line: You don't need to open carry if you aren't in some kind of uniform.

Right?
                      "That's the problem with people like you, George. You want results but you never want to get your hands dirty." - Jack Bauer

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."
                      - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

My wife and I both open carry when we hike in the "wilderness".

Comment

I saw the videos on that website and my mouth dropped. I don't see this happening in L.A County.... Maybe Riverside County though due to the rural areas.
                          "If you lead through fear you will have little to respect; but if you lead through respect, you will have little to fear."

Comment

Let those same people walk around with an unloaded weapon in south L.A and they will find themselves being robbed with their own weapon.

This is not a smart move. CCW is the only smart way to carry if your not wearing a uniform.
                            "If you lead through fear you will have little to respect; but if you lead through respect, you will have little to fear."

Comment

Originally posted by jato View Post
                              My wife and I both open carry when we hike in the "wilderness".
                              Out in the boonies, I wouldnt have any problem with it....hell, people go shooting all the time in the same areas......

In a CITY area?......that is below moronic.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3547 users online. 193 members and 3354 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X