300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inglewood p.d.

Anyone in the process or recently hired by Inglewood P.D.

Blackavar, I hope you have first hand information on that. Those are some harsh words to say to someone who is looking into that agency.
    I have the Iron fist with a silk glove. Don’t show all your playing cards; give them just enough to get by on and you will win.

Comment

I was hoping someone could tell me what their written was like. How their physical agility test and oral boards are like. How long the procees for that dept. takes and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by oc0331 View Post
        I was hoping someone could tell me what their written was like. How their physical agility test and oral boards are like. How long the procees for that dept. takes and so on.
        Most likely pretty much the same as most departments in California.
        Last edited by TheInlandEmpire; 09-19-2008, 03:52 AM.
        Well...Bye

Comment

Originally posted by Blackavar
          Stay away. They sell out their offices and convict them in the press before the court has a say just to keep the citizens happy.
          Pretty much like most departments in California too..lol
          Well...Bye

Comment

I Just Applied With Them Earlier This Week. I Am Hoping Their Process Is Smooth And Not Too Much Of A Hassle. I Have Not Heard Anything Bad About The Department. One Of My Instructors Mentioned That The Chief Is An Inteligent Woman And Holds Her Own Very Well.

Comment

I've been thinking about Inglewood.

They do get alot of action as I've heard and seen them roll code plenty of times.

With NHP going at with IX3, then with IFG holding it down since forever then add in APG, and maybe CMG (Don't know about them anymore). You're bound to get plenty of action.

Comment

Yes. although it has a been a few years i have seen it happen. Jeremy Morse and Bijan Jarvish (sp?) anyone?
                yup.....thrown right under the bus. then El Segundo PD did Morse for duece after that.

Comment

Originally posted by DLEE714 View Post
                  I Just Applied With Them Earlier This Week. I Am Hoping Their Process Is Smooth And Not Too Much Of A Hassle. I Have Not Heard Anything Bad About The Department. One Of My Instructors Mentioned That The Chief Is An Inteligent Woman And Holds Her Own Very Well.
                  Please learn how to type correctly. Reading stuff like the above gives me headaches and reminds me of high school, if not junior high.
                  Stay Safe,
                  - J.R.
                  ----------------
                  HONOR FIRST
                  "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted men long enough and liked it, never really care for hunting anything else thereafter." - Ernest Hemmingway

Comment

Sorry for the headache. Thats life for ya. I had it on CAPS and thats how it came out. Its weird it came out the way it did.

Comment

I applied last year in November 2007. I passed the written and PAT but failed the OB. The written is a little more on the difficult side but hands down for me, Irvine PD and the Border Patrol are the hardest written exams I have taken to date.

The Inglewood PAT has been updated; pull-ups, sit-ups, 1.5 mile, and push-ups. It's more in-line with the LASD PAT. No more dummy drag, scaling over walls, o-course, etc.

Looking back, the OB is pretty standard. I know now where I failed. Make sure you research information about the department and the city itself.

Testing moves pretty quickly. You'll knock out the written, PAT, and OB all in the same month. You'll be required to turn in a PIQ at your OB.

Good luck!

Comment

I applied last year in November 2007. I passed the written and PAT but failed the OB. The written is a little more on the difficult side but hands down for me, Irvine PD and the Border Patrol are the hardest written exams I have taken to date.

The Inglewood PAT has been updated; pull-ups, sit-ups, 1.5 mile, and push-ups. It's more in-line with the LASD PAT. No more dummy drag, scaling over walls, o-course, etc.

Looking back, the OB is pretty standard. I know now where I failed. Make sure you research information about the department and the city itself.

Testing moves pretty quickly. You'll knock out the written, PAT, and OB all in the same month. You'll be required to turn in a PIQ at your OB.

Good luck!
                        Last edited by ToTo; 09-22-2008, 03:13 AM. Reason: double post

Comment

I think you have to consider whether you would be happy there given all the politics surrounding the recent officer-involved shootings. It is likely to be a difficult environment.
                          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Apples and oranges.
                            You are exactly right, it is apples and oranges........however it's my own opinion that Inglewoods mistreatment of him lead to it, thats all.
                            Last edited by WPD954; 09-22-2008, 02:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

What does the written consist of? How many questions was it and what is the passing score or percent?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3317 users online. 166 members and 3151 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X