Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD Written Exam

Hey Everyone!

I will be taking the LAPD Written Exam within the next month or so. I have been preparing for the exam by studying generic law enforcement preparation guides.

My question is, how is the exam structured?

Does the exam test for math and logic?
    Does it test for reading comprehension?
    Does it require the applicant to write a written essay? If so, what are the essay topics usually about?
    Does it test for grammar and spelling?

Are questions fill in the blank or multiple choice?

Thanks for all your help and I look forward to the day I get hired on somewhere!

Don't stress it. I took it several years ago and scored in the upper 90s.

I don't know if the structure of it has changed since I took it but I do recall there was no Math on it.

Comment

LAPD's written exam is frankly not that hard. It's 3 essay questions and your score is based on grammar, punctuation, spelling, and content.

Comment

Basically you get three prompts to write three small essays. No multiple choice test.
        LAPD

Comment

Does anyone actually visit the website of the department that they are going to test with?

Comment

Originally posted by IronBruin View Post
            Does anyone actually visit the website of the department that they are going to test with?
            No...Al Gore created the internet, so I broke it and shut down Google because it is the spawn of Satan... I honestly don't know. What is that website again, if I remember right it's kind of catchy: www.joinlapd.org?

Comment

Originally posted by Showboat View Post
              LAPD's written exam is frankly not that hard. It's 3 essay questions and your score is based on grammar, punctuation, spelling, and content.
              You're right, it's not that hard, but you'd probably be amazed at how many people flunk it. It never ceases to amaze me... and some are college graduates!

Comment

Originally posted by LA Copper View Post
                You're right, it's not that hard, but you'd probably be amazed at how many people flunk it. It never ceases to amaze me... and some are college graduates!
                Actually, I'm sure I wouldn't be. One guy showed up to our written test in jeans that had big gaping holes (not those designer holes either). I could swear he was high too, and I don't believe he even finished...Whatever, I passed and am moving on!

Comment

Job interview-type questions as I recall. Know why you want to be a police officer, what you've done to prepare yourself, a time when you acted as a leader, etc.

Don't make my mistake and write a research paper for each. Just simple, direct answers using proper grammar, spelling, etc.

And to paraphrase the other posters, "Dress for the job you want, not the job you have..."
                  Focused Recruit

Comment

Also...

Visit this site as you may find it useful in your LAPD selection process:

www.policebackground.net
                    Focused Recruit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5695 users online. 317 members and 5378 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X