300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Northern California Departments?

What are some good departments in Northern California?

I know its an extremely vague question, but I just wanted to hear people's thoughts on some of the departments up north.

I'm looking for an LEO job once I graduate and I am looking at departments all over the place.
    Last edited by Flanker; 09-19-2008, 03:59 PM.
    "For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
    the more knowledge, the more grief."

Nor Cal is a huge area. Where are you graduating from ? that might help narrow it down.

Comment

I'm actually graduating from a school in Pennsylvania, but I have family members near San Jose. I've traveled with them all over Northern CA, and like it up there.

Comment

Anyone actually from Northern Cali will tell you San Jose is not a part of it. True Northern Cal is North of Sacramento....
        Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
        --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSheriff View Post
          Anyone actually from Northern Cali will tell you San Jose is not a part of it. True Northern Cal is North of Sacramento....
          Yeah. I know. I said that I had family in San Jose, and travelled with them all over Northern Cali. I didnt say that San Jose was in Northern Cali.
          Last edited by Flanker; 09-19-2008, 04:12 PM.

Comment

I believe the right term is 'Bay Area' or more specifically 'Southern Bay Area'.
            I live in the 'North Bay' which is about 100 miles north of San Jose.

Comment

Sorry, being a misplaced Nor cal patriot my self,(born and raised in Chico) I always cringe when I hear people refer to San Jose and San Fransico as "Nor Cal." Some people down here actually think the line is drawn at Bakersfield.
              Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
              --Winston Churchill--

Comment

Haha okay. Well now that we have the geography straight...

Comment

SoCalSheriff, I know all about that regional patriotism type stuff. I used to live in interior Alaska, and some people there would refuse to acknowledge that Juneau or even Anchorage were part of the "real Alaska."

Comment

Specifics:

What agencies would you like to know about? Please ensure that they are north of Sacramento because in my humble opinion anythng north of Sacramento is NorCal.
                    Go back to where ever you came from, smoke a fatty, and sing Kum-Ba-Yah with Osama Bin Laden. Hopefully you will find the Communist Utopia you so desire.

Comment

Sme dapertments you may want to look into in TRUE northern cali are Woodland Police, Redding Police, Chico Police, Red Bluff Police. There are not very many medium sized cities north of Sacramento, so pay isn't as decent.

Comment

I have a buddy at Butte Co. Sheriff, he seems to enjoy it, and I believe they are hiring....
                        --Winston Churchill--

Comment

The more important questions is where to you want to work, where do you want to live and can you afford to live where you work? How far are you willing to commute? Also, what size & type of agency? Sheriff? Police? Large? Small? San Jose PD & Santa Clara County S.O are actually good, decent size agencies & you can live south of there for a reasonable price. Butte is very different from the Bay Area. Bay Area is very different from So Cal. (Actually, the North/South cut off is more live Monterey. At least it was when there was talk of spliting the state way back when.) And the pay is way different. Starting salary in the Bay Area is in the $70,000 range. Go to CalOpps.com (or something close) to check out agencies in Calif.

Comment

Post has been edited.
                            Last edited by MarioS; 02-18-2011, 04:45 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4315 users online. 220 members and 4095 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X