300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lt interview with LA County agency

I have my interview with the admin Sgt and Lt tomorrow. My background finished and has been reviewed. Do they hit you with scenario questions here?

Maybe, maybe not.

Comment

^ haha...expect the unexpected.

Comment

The Lt and Sgt couldn't have been more professional. I felt it went well, there were no scenario questions.We basically just talked about a few things on the background and about the career. This was the "Chief's Interview" point. Has anyone had a similar experience like this and told a negative on the conditional offer?Can it be that they tell the chief their decision and the chief goes with it? or is it purely the chief's call no matter what? I also felt like there were other brass watching in or listening in to our coversation. Is that a possibility? Any insight is much appreciated.

Comment

In some departments, the Chief will not personally conduct his own interview for all applicants. The Chief would have a representative, maybe a LT, who will decide on his behalf if you will be offered a conditional job offer. I did not under the following statement. "Has anyone had a similar experience like this and told a negative on the conditional offer?" Were you offered a job but decided to decline the offer?

Comment

I have not been given a conditional offer yet. I was wondering if anyone felt their meeting at this point went well and only to find out they were not given a conditional offer?

Comment

I don't exactly know LA County procedures, but I can tell you that down here in San Diego, I got my conditional offer the same day as the Lt. interview.

After the interview, I basically stepped out of the room so the Sgt. and Lt. could hold a discussion, then was called in and received the letter right there on the spot.

I hope this helps a bit and I hope LA works differently than SD (for your sake), because I'm guessing that if I didn't receive the letter right after the interview... I probably would have been DQd.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6795 users online. 372 members and 6423 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X