300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bratton: For The People

Wow...I wish I could say that I was surprised when I saw the news this morning. It appears Chief Bratton, along with some high-speed review panel, are about to dish out some discipline to the men and women involved in last year's MacArthur Park incident. I'm sure it was just a coincidence that this development was announced at or around Mexican Independence Day.

Link below...

http://lapdblog.typepad.com/lapd_blo...of-police.html
    The Thousandth Man

I really do wish the next time something like this happens, the men on the front line stand back and let the people tear it down. I'd like to see what their illegal loving mayor would do then.

Comment

Bratton lets the rank and file cops suffer and does nothing to punish the incident commanders who were really at fault.

Comment

Will there ever be a Second Coming of Gates?
        Focused Recruit

Comment

Originally posted by Stugotz View Post
          hehehehehe....snort.....thats pretty good

Bratton is a politician.....not a cop......he sure has demonstrated his true colors on this incident.....
          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by Stugotz View Post
            Yeah, he now works at OCSD...
            The Thousandth Man

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
              hehehehehe....snort.....thats pretty good

Bratton is a politician.....not a cop......he sure has demonstrated his true colors on this incident.....
              Quoted for truth.

They need to go back to civil service protection for the Chief and have someone with the balls to tell people to f.uck off when necessary, like Gates did.

Comment

Originally posted by 1tyme View Post
                Yeah, he now works at OCSD...
                Who knows...he may be brought back after Bratton's second term...if he even lasts that long.

Comment

Originally posted by doc_holiday View Post
                  Quoted for truth.

They need to go back to civil service protection for the Chief and have someone with the balls to tell people to f.uck off when necessary, like Gates did.
                  Oh man that's what I remember... how THE Chief handled matters during and after 1992 RIOTS.
                  Focused Recruit

Comment

I think Gates said a lot of foolish and unnecessary things. His attitude may have been popular with the rank and file, but it led to Willie Williams, who was a disaster for LAPD and the City of Los Angeles. Gates' bravado also led to investigations by the Justice Department, and the horrible consent decree.

Bratton certainly has his faults, but being adept at politics is not a flaw. LAPD has been doing a more effective job under Bratton than under any of the three preceding chiefs.

I have no opinion on his proposed discipline in this case. I have not know the facts.
                    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                      I think Gates said a lot of foolish and unnecessary things. His attitude may have been popular with the rank and file, but it led to Willie Williams, who was a disaster for LAPD and the City of Los Angeles. Gates' bravado also led to investigations by the Justice Department, and the horrible consent decree.

Bratton certainly has his faults, but being adept at politics is not a flaw. LAPD has been doing a more effective job under Bratton than under any of the three preceding chiefs.

I have no opinion on his proposed discipline in this case. I have not know the facts.
                      Knowing the facts and much about the department, the only thing Bratton is good at doing is royally screwing rank and file officers....REAL cops. He has more bravado and attitude than Gates but with no respect from officers and he ****es people off (both in the dept and the media) but people are too afraid to take him on. Do some research and find out how he passed his civil service testing out here and why LAPD switched to the Glock.

Comment

Very interesting, considering in his book he said he supports his officers no matter what(or something to that effect, I'd look it up but we're moving and the book is in a box somewhere).

Comment

Originally posted by IronBruin View Post
                          Very interesting, considering in his book he said he supports his officers no matter what(or something to that effect, I'd look it up but we're moving and the book is in a box somewhere).
                          May Day, among other incidents, shows that to not be the case. He's a bully that got booted out of Boston and NYC....all the people that hated Parks and Williams are wishing they could go back in time and have either one back. Trust me. Every guy I know working for the city is counting the days until retirement, and they used to love the job.

Comment

Bratton lets the rank and file cops suffer and does nothing to punish the incident commanders who were really at fault.

The deputy chief who took over as the Incident Commander was immediately downgraded and retired that same day. The commander who was the deputy chief's "right hand man" was admin transferred out of the Bureau, which is a black eye for him.

How can you say the incident commanders weren't punished?

Comment

May Day, among other incidents, shows that to not be the case. He's a bully that got booted out of Boston and NYC....all the people that hated Parks and Williams are wishing they could go back in time and have either one back. Trust me. Every guy I know working for the city is counting the days until retirement, and they used to love the job.

I don't know of anyone who wants Bernard Parks back, do you? And if you do, then those folks either aren't thinking straight or they have a short memory. I've been on the job since Darryl Gates was here too. I'd take Bratton over Parks any day.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4843 users online. 296 members and 4547 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X