300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past drug use?

Another noobie question for all you wonderful LE types. I was curious as to the cut-off for most southern California departments regarding past marijuana use (as in "you can not have used within the last x amount of time" or similar). I'm worried, as in high school I used semi-regularly then went clean for roughly 3 years but my last year at college (a little over a year and a half ago) I smoked once more and have not since. Any general guidelines on the allowable time frame for past usage?

Thanks so much,
    SoCal Hopeful

I remember reading a PDF from Santa Ana PD and I believe it said it would be an automatic DQ if you did marijuana within the past 3 years. Use of any other controlled substance or drug is an automatic DQ if I remember correctly. They're pretty strict over there, but every department is different.

I'm not a background investigator, but I can imagine there are a lot of variables involved: time since usage, frequency, other habits at the time, your overall background, etc. I know that a frequent user will be more critically looked upon than someone who tried it once. Either way, I know they will grill you on any drug usage.
    "That's the problem with people like you, George. You want results but you never want to get your hands dirty." - Jack Bauer

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."
    - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by TWH View Post
      I remember reading a PDF from Santa Ana PD and I believe it said it would be an automatic DQ if you did marijuana within the past 3 years. Use of any other controlled substance or drug is an automatic DQ if I remember correctly. They're pretty strict over there, but every department is different.

I'm not a background investigator, but I can imagine there are a lot of variables involved: time since usage, frequency, other habits at the time, your overall background, etc. I know that a frequent user will be more critically looked upon than someone who tried it once. Either way, I know they will grill you on any drug usage.
      In my hometown they even had a 3 year rule for the cadets.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3835 users online. 174 members and 3661 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X