• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Bernardino SO

just got back from the written test today
    feel pretty good about it
    the BI there today seemed really sharp
    she called out the people wearing jeans, sandles, etc.
    made me feel good that i put in the effot to dress nice even for a written test.
    if i pass the written im going to schdule a jail tour of Glen Helen and maybe a ride-a-long.
    GL anyone else who took the test today

-Ryan
    RSO
    Written-7/18----passed
    PAT-8/27----passed
    Turned in packet 9/8---turned in

SBSO
    Written-9/10---can't wait

I wish they would call out people on their attire more often. I have yet to see it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by IronBruin View Post
      I wish they would call out people on their attire more often. I have yet to see it happen.
      i agree
      this is the first time ive seen it happen
      but ive only been to 3 written tests
      RSO
      Written-7/18----passed
      PAT-8/27----passed

SBSO

Comment

Originally posted by RyanJ00 View Post
        i agree
        this is the first time ive seen it happen
        but ive only been to 3 written tests
        At the LASD test they SPECIFICALLY said to dress in business attire because the interview would be after if the written test was passed, yet there were still people in jeans and t-shirt. IMO, they should automatically fail the test if they cannot follow simple directions.

Comment

At the LASD test they SPECIFICALLY said to dress in business attire because the interview would be after if the written test was passed, yet there were still people in jeans and t-shirt. IMO, they should automatically fail the test if they cannot follow simple directions.
          yea
          even if i was going for an interview at McDonalds I would dress nicley
          weird people dont take this as serious as a fast food interview
          RSO
          Written-7/18----passed
          PAT-8/27----passed

SBSO

Comment

SBSO has really slowed their hiring process.... Although they are still processing, I was told they are only taking 10 recruits to their October Academy and maybe another 10 for their January Academy..... You have to be in the top 2% of the applicants.
            FCPA Class #36

Comment

They certainly didn't call out any applicants when I took the test in June. Wish they had. I dressed nicely! I've heard similar numbers, 10-20 in October. They really need women. If I had a dime for every time my BI said this ... I'd have a buck fifty!
              In backgrounds ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky_G View Post
                SBSO has really slowed their hiring process.... Although they are still processing, I was told they are only taking 10 recruits to their October Academy and maybe another 10 for their January Academy..... You have to be in the top 2% of the applicants.
                Yep, it seems to me that a few sheriff departments have slowed it down.

I've been trying to apply w/ SBSO for a few days now through their website but to no avail so far... "This job has been closed."
                Danger: if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never!
                - Winston Churchill

Highly recommended reading: http://www.amazon.com/Boot-L-P-D-Off.../dp/0688147135

Comment

yea they were saying that the people testing today would prob be in a april acadmey(i think) i wouldn't really mind as long as i got to it, worth the wait.
                  RSO
                  Written-7/18----passed
                  PAT-8/27----passed

SBSO

Comment

Oh I know, and the guys who said they were active/reserve military were the worst. Not drawing any generalizations so please don't jump down my throat. I have nothing but respect for our military men and women and thank you for your service. I just thought it was interesting that the guys who were said they were active showed up in jeans and shorts, unshaven with the dullest shoes I have ever seen!

Comment

Originally posted by Showboat View Post
                      Oh I know, and the guys who said they were active/reserve military were the worst. Not drawing any generalizations so please don't jump down my throat. I have nothing but respect for our military men and women and thank you for your service. I just thought it was interesting that the guys who were said they were active showed up in jeans and shorts, unshaven with the dullest shoes I have ever seen!
                      that was ture today at my written, military guy looks like he just came off the streets
                      RSO
                      Written-7/18----passed
                      PAT-8/27----passed

SBSO

Comment

Originally posted by RyanJ00 View Post
                        that was ture today at my written, military guy looks like he just came off the streets
                        The guy that said he had 20-something years in the Army rode in on his Harley!!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg T View Post
                          The guy that said he had 20-something years in the Army rode in on his Harley!!
                          Eh...Harley isn't really a bad boy symbol any more. Actually the only people who can afford Harleys are doctors, lawyers, etc...

Note: That was an exaggeration, but you get the idea.

I don't care how you arrive to the testing, just put some effort into your appearance. That is, unless we are testing for the same position and you make me look good.
                          Last edited by Showboat; 09-12-2008, 09:05 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Originally posted by Showboat View Post
                            Eh...Harley isn't really a bad boy symbol any more. Actually the only people who can afford Harleys are doctors, lawyers, etc...

Note: That was an exaggeration, but you get the idea.

I don't care how you arrive to the testing, just put some effort into your appearance. That is, unless we are testing for the same position and you make me look good.
                            I have a Harley too, but that doesn't mean I'd roar up to my written exam, hop off, spit my chew out and stomp inside in my jeans and **** kickers with bugs in my teeth either. I could have ridden the 50 miles out there and back on my bike, saved 40 bucks in fuel and an hour off my return trip but I chose to show up dressed well and not weathered from a long, hot bike ride. Some people take it more seriously than others, and its usually pretty obvious who. I do agree that the worse you look, the better I look

Comment

Originally posted by Greg T View Post
                              I have a Harley too, but that doesn't mean I'd roar up to my written exam, hop off, spit my chew out and stomp inside in my jeans and **** kickers with bugs in my teeth either. I could have ridden the 50 miles out there and back on my bike, saved 40 bucks in fuel and an hour off my return trip but I chose to show up dressed well and not weathered from a long, hot bike ride. Some people take it more seriously than others, and its usually pretty obvious who. I do agree that the worse you look, the better I look
                              you get the email today?
                              RSO
                              Written-7/18----passed
                              PAT-8/27----passed

SBSO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5140 users online. 330 members and 4810 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X