300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSO Guys

One of my good buddies was hired by RSO and he told me he will be going to Jurupa Station.

He is excited but nervous because he doesn't know what to expect from Jurupa station even though he knows someone who works Moreno Valley Station. Any advice I can pass on to him? What to expect from FTO's there?

He has worked Long Beach, so I'm sure Jurupa Station is not as busy as Long Beach. I think he will do well at RSO because of that experience. He is a really good guy with only a year on, but I think LBPD took a lost with him leaving.

I'm sure I miss a lot since I last been on this website. I'm sure these questions came up before and I'm sorry for not doing my research before posting.

Thanks for your help guys. I will take all information and pass it to my buddy.
    "I rather be judged by twelve, than carried by six."

From what I hear from my cousin who works there, that Jurupa Valley is one of the top stations request for patrol. He said the guys get along good there and he didn't go through any hazing when he first got there. Now he is 10-8 and loving every minute of it.
    I'm 4 and 6

Comment

If your buddy was good to go at Long Beach, he'll do fine at JVS. The only difference might be this: At JVS, and many other RSO stations, he'll be expected to investigate ALL crimes (except traffic) and to investigate them to exhaustion. I've heard that some police departments will send a CSO out to cold crimes and the detectives out to anything with GBI. At RSO, you're it!

We'll welcome your buddy with open arms; as I've written in previous posts, our station has numerous laterals from all over.
      The Thousandth Man

Comment

Rso

Call this a silly question, but why isnt your " friend" looking into this, versus you? Call me crazy, but if " he " is the one getting the job, why wouldnt "he" be inquiring about the same?

Comment

Thanks for your replies.

davjon, Well, everyone does not have an account with O.com and I don't know if he knows about this website. I will let him know about the website since you brought up a good point, but it's still up to him to decided if he wants to create a profile or not.

I just took it upon myself to get some information for him since I am a member here and I know there are a few RSO guys here who came give some good advice.
          Last edited by LB Blue; 09-11-2008, 09:06 PM.
          "I rather be judged by twelve, than carried by six."

Comment

Originally posted by davjon14 View Post
            Call this a silly question, but why isnt your " friend" looking into this, versus you? Call me crazy, but if " he " is the one getting the job, why wouldnt "he" be inquiring about the same?
            WOW! Less than six months on and already practicing your interrogation skills...
            The Thousandth Man

Comment

Rso

1tliymer, I will take this as a compement, " but you can put lipstick on a pig, ohh never mind! Actually was just interested in knowing these things, and would have thought that someone would have asked, but I'll be the "bad guy".

Comment

Rso

1tliymer, I will take this as a compement, " but you can put lipstick on a pig, ohh never mind! Actually was just interested in knowing these things, and would have thought that someone would have asked, but I'll be the "bad guy".

Comment

Originally posted by 1tyme View Post
                  WOW! Less than six months on and already practicing your interrogation skills...
                  Talk about WOW!!! Davjon14 only has 6 months on a dept - really??? On 01/20/08 he started the thread "Want to lateral to Hawaii" He said he was retiring and was looking to do a few more years there??? WHAT!!! ???Integrity???

Comment

^ Oh My God That Is Funny
                    Last edited by Mike1904; 09-19-2008, 05:39 PM. Reason: changed post
                    I'm 4 and 6

Comment

^ Damn, that's messed up putting him on blast like that
                      I'm 4 and 6

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5256 users online. 285 members and 4971 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X