Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ventura County Sheriff

Anybody testing on Friday?

Yep! Going to the written in a suit/tie and then going to superman it and change into my workout clothes in the car. I'm planning on eating breakfast at the IHOP down the road; if you want to get something to eat before the test, let me know.

If anyone has taken the test before, can you provide any insight? I know its 100 questions long, broken down into 4 sections. Are we talking similar to LASD's written with exception to the memory portion?

Comment

Originally posted by Showboat View Post
      Yep! Going to the written in a suit/tie and then going to superman it and change into my workout clothes in the car. I'm planning on eating breakfast at the IHOP down the road; if you want to get something to eat before the test, let me know.

If anyone has taken the test before, can you provide any insight? I know its 100 questions long, broken down into 4 sections. Are we talking similar to LASD's written with exception to the memory portion?
      I believe it's the same as Huntington Beach and Newport Beach, which was MUCH harder than the LASD test. The memory portion is the worst because there is SO MUCH info and you don't know what to focus on. The worst is the list of stolen cars they give you to memorize. The sentence correction section is harder as well because rather than telling you to choose the correctly written sentence, they give you a sentence and ask you if it has grammar, punctuation, and/or spelling wrong, or if it is correctly written. Usually approximately 50% fail.

I usually work Friday morning so I moved my test to Saturday morning.

Comment

Yep! Going to the written in a suit/tie and then going to superman it and change into my workout clothes in the car.
        Also, note that it says "dress comfortably" for the written and that you will immediately take the PAT if you pass the written. If they don't let you return to your car you may get stuck doing the PAT in your suit; just a thought. I was going to wear a suit too, but now I will likely just wear my PAT clothes.

Comment

I will be wearing by PAT clothes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Slayer View Post
            I will be wearing by PAT clothes as well.
            That's probably a good idea. I'm usually the best dressed person at any test that I go to, but I'm not going to risk ruining a $600 suit to look good at a test where most, if not all people will be in PAT clothes. When I tested with HB I was the only person in a tie, and I didn't even wear the full suit, but that time I knew we had 2 hours between the written and PAT. It says to dress comfortable and that the PAT will be IMMEDIATELY after, so I shall be comfortable in my shorts and t-shirt

Comment

Anyone know if VCSD accepts T-Scores? I'm going to apply today.
              Danger: if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never!
              - Winston Churchill

Highly recommended reading: http://www.amazon.com/Boot-L-P-D-Off.../dp/0688147135

Comment

Originally posted by Superunknown View Post
                Anyone know if VCSD accepts T-Scores? I'm going to apply today.
                I would assume not being that the test is not the POST test and their website says nothing about it. But you could always call and ask.

Comment

EDIT: I am now going in PT attire, but I'll bring my suit along with me just in case (I wasn't a Cub Scout for long, but that part stuck with me!) To those who will be there on Friday, shoot me a PM so that we can meet up in the parking lot before the test.
                  Last edited by Showboat; 09-09-2008, 08:41 PM. Reason: I'm Stupid and Made a Phone Call!

Comment

EDIT: I am now going in PT attire, but I'll bring my suit along with me just in case (I wasn't a Cub Scout for long, but that part stuck with me!) To those who will be there on Friday, shoot me a PM so that we can meet up in the parking lot before the test.
                    Haha, you ALMOST had me convinced to go in nice clothing.

Comment

Damn...I'm still going to press my PT attire and probably wear a polo during the written so that I at least feel like I'm taking it seriously and that I didn't just roll out of bed.

Comment

How'd you guys do? I passed both and have the background interview in a week and a half.

Comment

I passed both too! Hey dragon slayer, who were you?

To those taking the test tomorrow, be prepared! The written is no joke. If you read this in time, I would go get the Norman Hall's Police Exam book and do a practice test or two. The questions are almost identical.
                          Last edited by Showboat; 09-12-2008, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I was that guy with the barcode tatted on his neck... kidding... grey shirt and black shorts. Just tried to blend in.

Agreed about the written. The fail rate seemed to be at least 50%.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Slayer View Post
                              I was that guy with the barcode tatted on his neck... kidding... grey shirt and black shorts. Just tried to blend in.

Agreed about the written. The fail rate seemed to be at least 50%.
                              I was the young guy who ate it on the wall Yeah, I think 1/3-1/2 failed the written.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6094 users online. 370 members and 5724 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X