300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lateralling before probation is up?

Are their any southern ca. depts. that will pick you up prior to completing your probation? A few of us were wondering if this happens, and what depts. if any accept this?

You probably won't be a lateral if you do. To lateral, you generally need a POST Basic certificate, and you can't get your Basic until you complete probation.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

There are departments in Orange and L.A. County that will pick you up as academy trained.... I know Santa Ana and Anaheim will and some of the smaller agencies in L.A. County....

Comment

If possible, stay with your current department at least until you've received your POST basic certificate. After that, you're much more marketable, and you may be elgible for lateral bonus offers and a higher pay grade.

If you do leave your current agency prior to earning your POST, then, you will only be considered a pre-service (academy graduate).

When you are hired by any new agency, you will have to pass their field training, and their probation term. Just because you've completed one agency's training and probation doesn't mean you'll pass everyones...which means they could terminate you for not being the "right fit" for the department.
        "Think about the consequences before you mess with a Deputy Sheriff."

Comment

Some departments like Riverside Police Department, and Palm Springs Police take you if you are not off probation and they consider you as laterals. Some refer to you as police officer entry because you have not worked for another agency but have passed the basic academy, like COD or if you pay your way through ben clark or Rio Hondo. I would wait to be off of probation and be eligible for the post certificate
          I'm 4 and 6

Comment

Wait the year. You are almost there, and get the POST Basic. Have something to show for your time, man....unless there are issues brewing you haven't spilled the beans on....

Comment

I wouldn't do it.. Its like a slap in the face to the agency that hired you.

Comment

Originally posted by davjon14 View Post
                Are their any southern ca. depts. that will pick you up prior to completing your probation? A few of us were wondering if this happens, and what depts. if any accept this?
                What happened? You've been bleeding Green and Tan in all of your posts...Please tell me you're asking for a "friend."
                The Thousandth Man

Comment

Most people bleed green and tan until they find out how much money they are bleeding out of your check for the first three years.
                  I'm 4 and 6

Comment

Originally posted by Socal-Cop View Post
                    I wouldn't do it.. Its like a slap in the face to the agency that hired you.
                    + 10 !!! you and ImachU are more than right- people from dept to dept DO talk. Believe me, there are NO b*tchin; or BETTER depts out there !( we just had several probationary officers jump ship to LAPD because they bought the "hype" they were fed in the LAPD academy, BUT now 5/8 want to come back -they actually "lost" $2K/yr in pay and have a longer FTO/probation) you are NOT going to get "more action" or a cushy spot by jumping-and the $$$ ???? The old addage that applies is :

"the grass always look greener on the other side because theire's MORE manure used to fertilize it"...........
                    Last edited by DOAcop38; 09-09-2008, 05:46 PM.
                    "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6281 users online. 367 members and 5914 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X