300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misled by an OCSD recruiter

Last edited by CrossFit; 06-22-2009, 01:45 AM.

He didn't say that you were guaranteed to move on - he said that "all drug history is reviewed on a case by case basis".

So it wasn't an auto DQ - they looked at it and decided to pass. The recruiter didn't lie to you at all, you just heard what you wanted to hear.
    For every one hundred men you send us,
    Ten should not even be here.
    Eighty are nothing but targets.
    Nine of them are real fighters;
    We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
    Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
    And he will bring the others back.

Comment

They DQ'd him in preliminary background for mushroom use, sounds like an auto DQ to me.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossFit View Post

I have been so limited by the departments I can apply to because I ate some fungus 8 years ago, which never really had much of an effect on me anyways.
        Not trying to nit-pic, but going into the LE process with this type of a rationalization attitude may be as fatal as the illegal drug use itself. Rather than trying to explain your experimentation away, fully admit your past mistake which in turn should convey remorse to your a BI/potential employer.

IMO, I think you'll eventually overcome this temporary setback.

G/L
        "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

You stood out - POSITIVELY - with your education, etc. You got your foot in the door....along with all the other outstanding candidates.

You stood out - NEGATIVELY - with the past drug use. You made it easy for the BI folks to pass you over in favor of someone who has never done 'shrooms.

But that's just in regards to OCSD. Try elsewhere.
          "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

You win some and lose some. Keep pushing forward and the right department will step forward with an opportunity to serve your community.
            Pain is a good thing, it lets you know that you are still alive.

Comment

well, i was in the same shoes as you on Saturday.. took the written and pass with ya and stood in line for 2 hours to talk with a BI and this why they DQed me.. i'm 35 and only have had 3 jobs ( my current, a part time and my old one for 14 years).. never used drugs, never arrested, but over that 7 year range for tickets i have had 3... 2 here in CA in 06 (10 over) and 05 (15 over) and 2 (passing on a soild line, and seat belt) in Maryland in 2001..

she stated "sorry by your over the limit by 1 ticket"... i can not believe they would hold the two 2001 tickets over my head knowing that they are pass the 7 years on Jan..

Comment

wow that's pretty unbelieveable nordy_racer. No wonder they're hurting for candidates.

Comment

You guys don't want to spend 10 years in the jails anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Badkharma View Post
                    wow that's pretty unbelieveable nordy_racer. No wonder they're hurting for candidates.
                    tell me about it.. my jobs have been in retail investigations and Corporate Security management both for fortune 500 companies.. my jaw drop onto the table too . this was my first time appling for a local Law Enforcement department.

is this a standard thing to DQ a person for traffic offences over a 7 year window?

thanks guys...

Comment

Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
                      tell me about it.. my jobs have been in retail investigations and Corporate Security management both for fortune 500 companies.. my jaw drop onto the table too . this was my first time appling for a local Law Enforcement department.

is this a standard thing to DQ a person for traffic offences over a 7 year window?

thanks guys...
                      I don't know if it's a standard thing to DQ about or not, but I have heard OCSD has always been picky and that they've gotten even picker since the whole Carona thing broke out. Apply elsewhere, see what happens. If you are afraid of the embarrassment of a future DQ, then call the backgrounds unit anonymously and lay it all out for them. I'm sure they'll give you a good idea as to where you stand.
                      Last edited by Showboat; 09-08-2008, 12:22 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

I could be wrong but I think some of the drug usage stuff is state mandated. Anyone have the 411 on that?
                        Originally posted by FJDave
                        GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
                        "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

Originally posted by IronBruin View Post
                          You guys don't want to spend 10 years in the jails anyways.
                          I thought it was 8...nonetheless that's enough deterrent for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Man View Post
                            I could be wrong but I think some of the drug usage stuff is state mandated. Anyone have the 411 on that?
                            I was going through a list of auto DQ's on an agencies website (dont remember which one) and I remember hallucinogenics were listed if used within the last 7 years. That was mandated by POST. All other drugs were listed on a case by case basis.

Comment

Originally posted by MT2658 View Post
                              I was going through a list of auto DQ's on an agencies website (dont remember which one) and I remember hallucinogenics were listed if used within the last 7 years. That was mandated by POST. All other drugs were listed on a case by case basis.
                              I had a friend turned down by LVMPD because of mushrooms within the last 8 years. I believe they told him to come back after 8 years had passed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5067 users online. 285 members and 4782 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X