300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• discouraging phone call from lasd

on 09-03-2008 around 16:00 i got a phone call from my B.I. reguarding my credit and followed up with alot of questioning. most of the questions asked were all related to my backround packet. thankfully she was very blunt on a professional level about what is raising red flags. she said, " your backround is under review cuase of your credit and cuase you had sex with a minor at the age of 19 and the minor was 17. these are the only things that are concerning us.." she went on and said, " if you hear from me with in the next three weeks that means the issue was passed and we will continue on with your process. but if not then you will get a letter in the mail that will tell you you have been DQ'D."

is this common? any insight would be helpful.

thanks to all the LEO's on here with wonderful advice, i did not put all my eggs in one basket. i'm going to take this as a DQ and move on to RSO and LAPD until lasd comes back with a answer. lasd was by far my first pick. no hard feelings i'm just going to count my blessings and be thankful i got it this far if i do get DQ'D. i think mahalo said something like this

" i'm going to be a police officer but only god knows where" very incouraging words that have kept me motivated.
    Last edited by BIG RICH; 09-05-2008, 11:00 PM. Reason: wrong date
    "train beyond the pain and the only release is death"

Don't give up and apply elsewhere!

Comment

Now did you get charged with unlawful sexual intercourse or was this a question in the background packet?

Whether you continue with LASD or not, you just have to be like steam roller and let nothing get in your way. Keep going and constantly better yourself. Good luck!
      "That's the problem with people like you, George. You want results but you never want to get your hands dirty." - Jack Bauer

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."
      - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by GB0610
        How bad is your credit? Why is it bad? What other adverse financial situations have you been in? No one can give you a really good assessment without those questions answered.

The sex with the minor issue should eventually be glossed over. It sounds like you were never charged, just that you admitted to it on the background form. Was she a GF, or was it someone you just met? Did you know her family well.....did they like you and approve? Those may or may not be questions that will help your situation.

But I would most definitely think that you will be able to move on regarding these two issues in the future. Stay positive and keep at it!
        as for the credit situation-

the only thing on my credit is a charge of two thousand dollars. explanation: when i was 17 i total my car and was put upside down of five thousand dollars. as a result of not having anything for calateral they had to charge off the five thousand. since then i been making good faith payments on it. payments of 50-100 a month for the past 1 1/2 years. i still continue to make payments as of today.

i had three things in collections but they are all paid off. but because it's still on my credit report as "paid off" they said it's still counts against me. just the fact it's on my credit report is bad.

underage situation-

it was a two year relationship and we broke up cuase she was to immature. the parents approved of the relationship and i had a great relationship with the family. there was no criminal charges.

Comment

Originally posted by TWH View Post
          Now did you get charged with unlawful sexual intercourse or was this a question in the background packet?

Whether you continue with LASD or not, you just have to be like steam roller and let nothing get in your way. Keep going and constantly better yourself. Good luck!
          there were no charges.yes it was a question on the packet. i explained it very thurough on the packet. it was a relationship for two years. her parents approved of the relationship. i got along very well with the whole family.

thank you and i will continue to strive on with thick skin.

Comment

I highly, highly recommend you apply elsewhere solely because of the slowdown in hiring. Many of us are on the waiting list and may never be called. Pre-employment has said there are no guarantees.

I'm taking my own advice and applying to another PD this week.
            Focused Recruit

Comment

Originally posted by TF16A1
              Big Rich keep applying, I hear Ventura Sheriff needs quite a few, Stugotz you might wanna throw in some apps to might be a long time brother before you get that call!!!!
              Thank you, Sir. It's in the works. Shoulda done it before but oh well huh?
              Focused Recruit

Comment

I passed my written with LASD tonight... they went over the pre-questionnaire and gave me my oral interview date... they did mention that they were only hiring the best of the best... we'll see what happens????
                FCPA Class #36

Comment

Yeah, I had a VCSD dep tell me that they need bodies bad. That's why I'm testing next Friday. Stug, call 'em and ask if you can apply to take the test next week. The worst they can say is "No."

Comment

VCSD seems to be hot, I got 3 classmates who left for them and they had to apply as academy complete cause they didnt even stay on LASD for a year. I got feeling there gonna get alot more LASD guys to, with the new custody to patrol list crap. so apply now brotha
                    DAMN! They're siphoning fresh LASD grads? I will check the web page now...

Thanks everyone.
                    Focused Recruit

Comment

Apply online stugotz you should make it, My buddy filled out app yesterday online and got a confirmatipon email today to take the test.

VCSD seems to be hot, I got 3 classmates who left for them and they had to apply as academy complete cause they didnt even stay on LASD for a year. I got feeling there gonna get alot more LASD guys to, with the new custody to patrol list crap. so apply now brotha

Damn, I applied way back in July and was told they were expecting tons of people to show up next week. Maybe those Pre-Background Questionnaires scared people off or DQ'd a lot of applicants. Oh well, tomorrow I'm off to Mira Loma to begin LASD and next Friday it's off to Camarillo.

Comment

Whats this list about? Is it a waiting list? Contract?
                        Danger: if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never!
                        - Winston Churchill

Highly recommended reading: http://www.amazon.com/Boot-L-P-D-Off.../dp/0688147135

Comment

As I've said before....it's good to stand out in the oral process, but standing out on the background process sucks hindquarters.

Now that they have sooooo many good people (who passed the initial process) to go through, any excuse to toss one makes their workload lighter.

It all depends upon what their needs are, and how close they are to filling them.

Keep trying!
                          "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                            As I've said before....it's good to stand out in the oral process, but standing out on the background process sucks hindquarters.

Now that they have sooooo many good people (who passed the initial process) to go through, any excuse to toss one makes their workload lighter.

It all depends upon what their needs are, and how close they are to filling them.

Keep trying!
                            your so right kieth. i really thought i was going to go under the radar with my past so clean but i was wrong. all i can do is tell the truth and it shall set me free or DQ'D haha. either way i'm just counting my blessings that i'm this far. i dont blame them for disecting people cuase i wouldnt want to be the BI having to explain to the brass why the officer i hired is now in the drunk tank, sobering up after he hit a innocent civilian walking.

Comment

when it comes to credit, they realize that sometimes people falter, especially now. what they're looking for is that you make up for errors by either paying them off or by working with the creditors and making agreed upon monthly payments. you've done both, so i think you're good on that, unless of course the collections were recent (a year or so old).

as for the sex with a minor, it really depends on your BI. you were dating each other when you were both minors and it carried over. it could go either way. ultimately, having sex with a minor regardless of the relationship is still a crime... minors can't legally consent to anything.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6276 users online. 355 members and 5921 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X