Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rso 178

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rso 178

    I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on the RSO academy. I was just told I will be attending the 178. Other than the PT part of it, is there anything I should worry about? Which Tac officers are helpful, which ones are just mean? Do they pick on females? Do they care if the windows on your car are tinted? What do they nail you for? Other than the Penal code and Vehicle code and 10 codes is there anything I should be studying? If anyone can help me or give some advice on the best ways to survive I would appreciate it!

  • #2
    The 1st week is probably the worst. Just remind yourself it's just a process to weed out the quitters early.

    Definately remove the tint from your front windows. Make sure your vehicle is within the CVC.

    If you are female, you probably will get extra attention. But it is not spiteful. From the female Tac staff. Sadly, women in this profession have an uphill battle. They just want to make sure you can make it.

    Work on memorizing the code of ethics. The assignment is generally 1 paragraph a week. Have it all down verbatum before day one. It will make your life easier, trust me.

    Remember, there will be days you will be just plain worn out. DO NOT EVER QUIT. Always give it 100% and you will do fine.
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    --Winston Churchill--

    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by finally1 View Post
      I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on the RSO academy. I was just told I will be attending the 178. Other than the PT part of it, is there anything I should worry about? Which Tac officers are helpful, which ones are just mean? Do they pick on females? Do they care if the windows on your car are tinted? What do they nail you for? Other than the Penal code and Vehicle code and 10 codes is there anything I should be studying? If anyone can help me or give some advice on the best ways to survive I would appreciate it!
      I just got off the phone with my BI, and I was signed off by the chief today, therefore I'll be attending class 178 as well. Send me a PM so I can introduce myself. I have a study packet given to me from someone in 177.

      Comment


      • #4
        Class 178

        Does anyone know if Class 178 is full, or do they fill available slots up to the starting date ? I know the B/I 's meet with the chief at the beginning of the month to place recruits, do they hold over all others candidates after that meeting to the next academy ( DEC. '08' )? I still have a few things to complete( Psych/Med. ), just wondering if I can get those things completed this month, if its possible to make Class 178 if its not at capacity ? Any info. would be appreciated, just want to have all affairs in order before starting the academy. Thanks. And Good Luck to all recruits in Class 178..
        BORDER PATROL [/COLOR][/I][/U]- WRITTEN PASSED 2/12 ORAL PASSED 2/16
        B/I Packet Turned in 2/24,
        Med/Physical/Drug Screen Passed 3/13/09
        B/I Interview+Quals Complete and Report sent 4-22-09, 5-7-09 SENT TO TSU

        EOD 10-5-09
        For those who want to win there is never enough time to train

        Comment


        • #5
          Rso

          When is class 178 suppose to start? As for whether the class is full, no one but the b/i and maybe not even them will no for sure at this time. I graduated from class 175.

          Comment


          • #6
            178

            Originally posted by davjon14 View Post
            When is class 178 suppose to start? As for whether the class is full, no one but the b/i and maybe not even them will no for sure at this time. I graduated from class 175.
            Tues. Oct. 14th I believe.

            Comment


            • #7
              Cool! I was RSO Class 140. Dont stress about studying. Youll have 6 months to figure it out. Have fun. RSO is an outstanding agency and run a good academy.

              Comment


              • #8
                Thank you to everyone for your replies. I got the study guide from someone in the 174th yesterday and have started studying that too. I was more worried about the tac officers but I guess there are a bunch on new ones out there and no one I know can give me any info on how to "survive" them....if that's even possible. Oh well I just look forward to finally getting the chance to get through it and go 10-8! Good luck to everyone who will be in the class and I will see you on the 14th.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I heard the old man and the females are the worst...Good luck

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Be in the best shape! That's all I can stress about. Class 177 had their Black Friday today and it wasn't pretty. They have lost a couple of people due to the physical part. BE IN THE BEST SHAPE!! GL.

                    mahalo!!
                    You Just Need To Wait a Bit Longer.
                    In The End, It Doesn't Matter How Long It Took To Get There, Only That You Arrived.... Bob Dylan

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by finally1 View Post
                      Thank you to everyone for your replies. I got the study guide from someone in the 174th yesterday and have started studying that too. I was more worried about the tac officers but I guess there are a bunch on new ones out there and no one I know can give me any info on how to "survive" them....if that's even possible. Oh well I just look forward to finally getting the chance to get through it and go 10-8! Good luck to everyone who will be in the class and I will see you on the 14th.
                      there is no info on a quick and easy way to get them to like you, because there isn't one. whether they like you or not (p.s. you won't know) they are going to push you to your limit. there are some occasions where you can prevent a beating (though I have never seen it done). You have to come together as a group. the ability to make decisions as a whole and not to bicker amongst one another will save you many push ups. You have to look out for each other. There will always be those people who show up late, or forget to turn in their memos, or leave their baton at home. You need to look out for them, because as much as it ****es you off, and as sick as you get of them not getting on the ball, if you don't help them, you will continue to pay for their mistakes. DONT GET ANY TICKETS!!! Those beatings are especially painful. If you are 178, you better kick the PT into overdrive. Most of you are going to go out and run a mile, or do 25 pushups. You are gonna get hauled off in an ambulance on black friday. You need to devote every free moment to PT. Do pushups in the kitchen while you are waiting for your poptarts. Run. Run. Then run some more. 3 miles is a pretty good distance. While you are on your run, stop to do some pushups, or situps, or burpies (god I hate burpies). This isn't going to be a j***ersize class, they are going to tear you up.

                      I gotta stop rambling now, if you have any questions, hit me up, I'm still in 176 so i have all the info I'm allowed to give you. good luck.

                      p.s. you should be reading this in the front leaning rest position (push up position) if you arn't already.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Just go in there in great shape, and play their game. Always remember that they cannot stop time, days will begin and they will end, all the while you will be moving closer and closer to your goal. Pay attention in class, don't just say I will study later, because at that point it is too late to ask questions. Be on time, better yet be early, and have all your gear everyday.

                        And most Important Pay ATTENTION TO DETAIL.

                        Good luck from ALUMNI CLASS 170
                        I'm 4 and 6

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Wannabe417 View Post
                          I just got off the phone with my BI, and I was signed off by the chief today, therefore I'll be attending class 178 as well. Send me a PM so I can introduce myself. I have a study packet given to me from someone in 177.
                          Same here, no hr stuff yet or anything else yet so my BI suggested not giving my current employer notice but joining 178 looks pretty good!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            congrats guys
                            i just turned in my packet today and know i have a long way to go but can't wait.
                            RSO
                            Written-7/18----passed
                            PAT-8/27----passed
                            Turned in packet 9/8---turned in

                            SBSO
                            Written-9/10---can't wait

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ofcrbarbrady View Post
                              there is no info on a quick and easy way to get them to like you, because there isn't one. whether they like you or not (p.s. you won't know) they are going to push you to your limit. there are some occasions where you can prevent a beating (though I have never seen it done). You have to come together as a group. the ability to make decisions as a whole and not to bicker amongst one another will save you many push ups. You have to look out for each other. There will always be those people who show up late, or forget to turn in their memos, or leave their baton at home. You need to look out for them, because as much as it ****es you off, and as sick as you get of them not getting on the ball, if you don't help them, you will continue to pay for their mistakes. DONT GET ANY TICKETS!!! Those beatings are especially painful. If you are 178, you better kick the PT into overdrive. Most of you are going to go out and run a mile, or do 25 pushups. You are gonna get hauled off in an ambulance on black friday. You need to devote every free moment to PT. Do pushups in the kitchen while you are waiting for your poptarts. Run. Run. Then run some more. 3 miles is a pretty good distance. While you are on your run, stop to do some pushups, or situps, or burpies (god I hate burpies). This isn't going to be a j***ersize class, they are going to tear you up.

                              I gotta stop rambling now, if you have any questions, hit me up, I'm still in 176 so i have all the info I'm allowed to give you. good luck.

                              p.s. you should be reading this in the front leaning rest position (push up position) if you arn't already.
                              Thank you for your info. I have been working with a trainer and doing those extreme workouts....where you run your behind off, stop and do push ups, run again, stop and do sit ups, run again, lift weights, etc. It has been killing me but I thought that would be the best....and quickest way to get in shape for whats coming. Hopefully it will be enough and I can just "blend" in. I'm hoping that there will be enough slugs in the class that the tac officers will be busy with them and not notice me too much. Thanks again to everyone for you comments and good advice.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 3087 users online. 135 members and 2952 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X